Montana 3040 clutch what is the best chemical to wash oil off the clutch disk

/ Montana 3040 clutch what is the best chemical to wash oil off the clutch disk #1  

spokane 1

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana 3040
So this Montana tractor 3040 seems to have the clutch hanging....its obvious since the owner of the tractor has broken the F-R shift shuttle by forcing it into gear .
elsewhere in this forum Ive posted how to remove this broken shift shaft with out splitting the tractor. top and out procedure (it is not in any books)

So I'm asking what is the best chemical to spray on this disk to remove oil........the Montana 3040... has 1 port atop the bell and 1 drain and rubber plug at the base of the bell so I'm rest assured the chemical can escape.
This clutch is adjusted full there is no free-play and the clutch still continues to drag the motor even when bucket is against the cement wall in forward gear. its acting like a clutch but not releasing fully.

Me personally I'm hedging on using Brake cleaner in the spray can with the engine off and clutch depressed full. But Ive heard some guys swear acetone works the best and evaporates fully.
I don't want this disk to swell anymore. The true nature of the clutch is to allow the internals of the trans to separate from the engine so shifting can be done easily without force.
what is the best chemical to use?

/ Montana 3040 clutch what is the best chemical to wash oil off the clutch disk #2  
The problem with oil on the clutch is that it usually soaks into the lining and you can't get it out. I've changed a lot of clutches over the years and when they're oil soaked, they just get replaced.

Maybe there's something new on the market, but I haven't heard of it.

/ Montana 3040 clutch what is the best chemical to wash oil off the clutch disk
Well Ive used Hydrochloric acid or simple terms Muratic acid to fully remove oil from clutch and brake pads but I simply don't want to spray this smoking Frankenstein spray in the bell-housing and have it corrode the springs and such. It develops chlorine gas as well so its the last item Ill use (only if necessary). It will take every bit of oil out! and possibly metal parts too.