Engine removal from 5740C, has anyone experienced this?

/ Engine removal from 5740C, has anyone experienced this? #1  

dblizzard

Tractor
MF 135 & Montana 5740C
I recently purchased a 5740C at auction as a salvage tractor. In the diagnostic process I have come to the conclusion that there is a broken shaft in the engine sump area. When started there is a rattle & heavy scraping (not an engine knock), oil pressure is in excess of 60 lbs, my gauge limit. The engine assembly looks like it will lift off the cast iron pan as it appears that the crankshaft is geared to some shafts in the pan/sump area, most certainly the source of my evil engine noise. The necessary engine removal process looks to be fairly straight forward but I was wondering if there might be a 'gotcha' or 2 in there that I need to be aware of? Any words of wisdom or experience would be appreciated. The second part of my search here regards a tractor service manual. I have researched this forum & the web and have come to the conclusion that the Montana manual is sketchy at best. A forum member is emailing one to me but I am also wondering if anyone has been successful at identifying an LS Tractor model that the Montana 5740 is derived from? Wishful thinking maybe? I am wondering if LS might be an additional source of information or a manual? Thanks in advance for any info you may have.