Buying Advice Montana 3840 4wd

/ Montana 3840 4wd #1  

yanmar1610d

Tractor
Yanmar1610D
Looking for advice and for reviews of a tractor I am thinking about purchasing.
The tractor is a Montana 3840 4wd with loader. Low hours in very good shape.
Does anyone have any advice on this tractor.
I know they are no longer made but I am told this is the same as a LS tractor, is this the truth?
Will be using the tractor mainly to cut a lot of grass with a finishing mower. Also to tend a food plot and to plow a garden. I have a small 25 area farm.
What would be a good fair price for a tractor that is no longer produce?
Any Help?

/ Montana 3840 4wd #2  
I can't help you with info on a 3840, but I bought a 2740 and have been happy with it so far.

/ Montana 3840 4wd
I can't help you with info on a 3840, but I bought a 2740 and have been happy with it so far.

Went ahead and purchased the Montana 3840. Got it home hooked-up the finishing mower and cut some grass with my new Montana 3840. Took about half as much time to cut as it did with my Yanmar1610D. Hope it will last as long as the Yanmar did. Had the Yanmar for 16 years. Was kinda glad to see the Yanmar gone. It was a good tractor but was getting to the point where it was costing too much to replace worn out parts. Would like to hear from others who own this same tractor.

/ Montana 3840 4wd #4  
I have a Montana 2844, and love it. It has been extremely reliable for me. I would recommend you change all the filters and fluids. NAPA sold the fuel, oil and hydraulic filters. The only issue I have had with mine is 2 hydraulic hoses, and those were easy cheap fixes. Hope yours works out well for you.