High Temp

/ High Temp #1  

yanmar1610d

Tractor
Yanmar1610D
I am wondering if Montana Tractors run a little on the hot side? My Montana 3840 I just purchase is running near the red line on the temp gauge. I have drained, flushed and refilled the radiator with 50/50 anti-freeze and it still runs on the high side. From the looks of the stuff that came out of the radiator I don't think it had ever been changed. I am from Southeast Georgia and the temperatures this Summer have been very hot with temps near 100 daily for the past month or so, I am sure this is having some effect on the engine temp. The Montana does not boil over but the gauge shows the temp near the red line. Just wondering if this is normal for Montana's?

/ High Temp #2  
If it's done a lot of mowing/brush hogging the radiator fins could be full of seeds, grass etc and that will keep one running hot. Look at the front of the radiator and if its filled with debris, blow it out with a air compressor or with water from a garden hose.

/ High Temp #3  
I am wondering if Montana Tractors run a little on the hot side? My Montana 3840 I just purchase is running near the red line on the temp gauge. I have drained, flushed and refilled the radiator with 50/50 anti-freeze and it still runs on the high side. From the looks of the stuff that came out of the radiator I don't think it had ever been changed. I am from Southeast Georgia and the temperatures this Summer have been very hot with temps near 100 daily for the past month or so, I am sure this is having some effect on the engine temp. The Montana does not boil over but the gauge shows the temp near the red line. Just wondering if this is normal for Montana's?

I have a 5740C that I bought in 05. I also live in North Central Texas and we get pretty hot in the summer too. No question about it, as my tractor got older, It would run hotter in the hot weather when I tried mowing my pastures in the heat of the day, the afternoon. I've cleaned out my radiator a number of times and I blow it out after every use, but with the cab and the A/C it's hard to really blow it out completely. I've also taken the radiator completely off and washed it out several times in the last 11 years. I've learned that when the temp goes above about 89 degrees that I have to mow ONLY in the morning hours and stop about noon time. I also clean out the screen on front of the A/C and radiator frequently if I'm mowing in dry weather and there is a lot of dust and small pieces of weed etc in the air. I recently priced a new radiator for mine and I was quoted $791.66 plus $50.00 shipping. As a result, I am following my proven procedure when having to mow in heat. When my temp gets to about 3/4 of the red line, I watch it very closely and if it goes any higher, I stop mowing and come on back to the barn. Its worked well for me that way and I'm just trying to avoid a new radiator for another year or so.

/ High Temp #4  
I have a 2008 3840 andnit was doing the same thing, ended up changing the radiator out $600 and the water pump another $600 but got lucky and found one for $140 in Houston. But other than that it's been a great tractor, that has been worked hard on a small farm

/ High Temp #5  
I have a 4940C, 2006 model. I live in East Texas and it gets hot here as well.
I have found that by switching to synthetic oil my tractor runs considerably cooler especially when haying. The other thing that is critical when running in the heat is to ensure that the air filters are keep extremely clean. I contributes a great deal to a hot running engine when it gets clogged.

I don't have any problems with overheating during the summer heat.

Good luck.

/ High Temp
I have a 4940C, 2006 model. I live in East Texas and it gets hot here as well.
I have found that by switching to synthetic oil my tractor runs considerably cooler especially when haying. The other thing that is critical when running in the heat is to ensure that the air filters are keep extremely clean. I contributes a great deal to a hot running engine when it gets clogged.

I don't have any problems with overheating during the summer heat.

Good luck.

I will try the Synthetic Oil when I change it. Also I changed the anti-freeze and that help a whole lot. Flushed the Radiator, it had some rust in it. Tractor is running a whole lot cooler now.