Montana 5470 Service/repair manual/ Help!!

/ Montana 5470 Service/repair manual/ Help!! #1  

leapnjack

Tractor
International Harvester 364
I am having a couple of problems with my tractor. Today noticed a major leak of hydraulic?? transmission?? fluid when the tractor was going down a steep hill. Finally found it was coming from a hole on the "passenger" side of the tractor behind the motor. I am not a tractor person so am unsure what that section of the tractor body is. It is a little larger than a pencil in diameter, it looks like it might have some red gasket material/sealer around it, not sure but I know there is a red line around it. I cannot feel any threads at the edge of the hole, I can stick my pinky finger in for a ways. I am a woman so my hands are small, but it feels like there might be threads farther back in the hole. The hole extends for about 2 to 3 inches into the "block" Any suggestions. I have been searching for a repair/service manual and saw where someone on this forum had those available a few years ago, but unfortunately that email address is no longer valid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Montana 5470 Service/repair manual/ Help!! #2  
Have you had any luck. I am a new owner of the same tractor and need the manuals also. Sharon

/ Montana 5470 Service/repair manual/ Help!! #4  
I had the same issue of hydraulic fluid leaking from the hole in the upper, forward, right-hand side of the transmission case. Primarily when in a noose down attitude. In searching parts books I ID'ed a tapered plug that belongs in the hole. I made a tapered plug from a hardwood dowel & have been leak free for over a year. I realize this is an old thread but the info may be useful to other folks searching this forum.