2740 Shuttle Shifter

/ 2740 Shuttle Shifter #1  

milligjg

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 1025R
On my 2740 the shuttle shift lever is getting loose and it doesn't stop going into forward or reverse. If the steering wheel wasn't there it would probably spin all the way around. It still shifts into forward and reverse if you play with it. I'm going to take the boot and plastic cover off this weekend. Any ideas what to look for, set screw, pins, etc?:confused3:

/ 2740 Shuttle Shifter
Took it apart Saturday and the shifter lever goes down over another rod that goes to the transmission. There was a pin or bolt missing that held the 2 together. Was I happy that's all it was! :thumbsup:

/ 2740 Shuttle Shifter #3  
Buying Montana 2740 tractor - private seller. Tractor won’t start, no electrical at key or on dash. Battery, starter, alternator OK. 12 volts from battery goes only to starter. A single wire carries 12V from starter to wire harness 3 inches away, then terminates in nearby two prong connector. This connector is not connected to anything! This is the only wire that carries 12V past the starter, prospectively to the ignition switch and instrument dash. So switches and instruments receive no power, irrespective of key position. What should be connected to this connector? Has someone taken away half of the connection? Do your 2740s have this connector?

/ 2740 Shuttle Shifter
Had the same problem and ended up putting a push button start on it. Turn the key on, hit the button and she starts right up.