Montana FEL - mounting a grapple rake?

/ Montana FEL - mounting a grapple rake? #1  

jc7622

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana 5740C
I finally got a chance to test drive and take a closer look at the Montanas the other day. The 5740 did have the skid-steer type quick attach. That's good because I would like to use a grapple on it. What woud have to be done to set it up to operate the grapple hydraulics?

/ Montana FEL - mounting a grapple rake? #2  
Hello jc7622. That is just a great tractor. What did you think of the test drive? The 5740 has so much to offer with excellent quality and affordability. I just love that tractor.

In any case, the hydraulics can be done easily and a couple of ways. One way is to just run off the remotes. Another way would be to tap into the system and run quick connects to the front loader. Have a single spool valve by the existing control valve and it works great. The dealer should be able to set you up.

Also, talk to your dealer as Montana now has grapples available for that loader. The prices are pretty good and your dealer should be able to get the info on that for you.

Good Luck,
Maka

/ Montana FEL - mounting a grapple rake? #3  
I have a 5740 with a grapple and as Maka mentioned you can use the remotes in back by running two hoses from front to back. The grapple really adds to the tractors ability to do a job.

I have really been impressed with the 5740 and what it can do.