Montana 5740C FEL questions

/ Montana 5740C FEL questions #1  

SpArm

I just purchased a 5740C with FEL. I love the ease of operation and the comfort. The seat needs to be softer and have armrests, but I have already found a replacement. I'm sure I will have many questions. I am not new to farming but this is my first new tractor. I have two problems that I hope someone can help me with. The first is that the FEL is not level. The right side hits the ground about 1 inch before the left. Is there any way to correct this? The other issue concerns the power of the FEL. It will not pick up enough weight to lift the rear tires off the ground (no ballast in tires). Neither will it push down with enough force to raise the front end off the ground. Is this normal and if not what can be done? Thanks for any help.

/ Montana 5740C FEL questions #2  
Welcome SpArm. That is a great tractor. When you are trying to lift the tractor with the bucket is the parking brake on? This will stop you from being able to do so. I just got out of a 5740C and lifted the front tires off the ground about 2 feet while just ideling. You should have zero problem with this.

The loader should be even. I would certainly be on the horn to the dealer if it was this way when you got it.

How long have you had the tractor? Make them fix it as it is under warranty.

Every new tractor should have a pre delivery inspection done on it and this includes checking the hydraulics to make sure they are set correctly.

New seats with arm rests are on the way. I can't wait to get them as that will make the inside of the cab perfect. WHere are you located? I personally would call the dealer and let them know of your needs as I believe any good dealer would be at your place to make sure you are happy.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Montana 5740C FEL questions
Thanks for the welcome. No parking brake on: High RPM: still no lift. I'm in middle TN. I called the dealer today he said to call back tomorrow to talk with his service guy. I also called Springdale and talked with "Bob". I am glad to hear that this is not normal and I hope Montana will make it right.

/ Montana 5740C FEL questions #4  
Bob is awesome. He knows his stuff and we are blessed to have him for excellent support. I talk to him on a regular basis and he is top notch. The dealer should be on top of it and no, it is not normal. This is a great tractor and it sounds a bit like dealer concern.

Interested in seeing how the dealer deals with it and please let us know.

Talk to you soon.

Maka

/ Montana 5740C FEL questions #5  
As far as the bucket being one inch off I would first check the tire air pressure to see if the sets are uniform Should be around 28-38 psi,Over inflation will hurt traction

/ Montana 5740C FEL questions #6  
First check you tire pressure. A low tire will make the loader bucket unlevel.
As far as loader power, have the loader pressure checked to make sure the relief valve is set to spec.

/ Montana 5740C FEL questions
Front tire pressure is equal. There is @1/8" difference between the extension of one lift cylinder and the other. Bob says it could be a warped frame and if so they will send another. My dealer is super nice and I believe he will do me right. If not everyone will know.

/ Montana 5740C FEL questions #8  
If Bob said that then consider it good. Talk to you soon.

Maka

/ Montana 5740C FEL questions #9  
SpArm,

Congradulations on your new 5740C!!! Welcome to the club!!

As Maka says, it isn't normal. My new 5740C FEL will lift up the front end, no sweat , and the bucket is level too.

I've found Montana folks and dealers like Maka and my local dealer to bend over backwards to help!! You'll be VERY pleased!!