Montana Tractor prices

/ Montana Tractor prices #1  

DmaxEter

I will be going to my local Montana dealer in Memphis TN this saturday, but I cant wait, I need to know what prices you guys are seeing around. I am particularly intrested in 40HP up to 50HP. The 43 hp utility tractor seems just right. Can anyone think of a reason not to look at this brand. I love the Mitsu diesels. I am a Mitsu truck dealer and I service all kinds of Mitsu engines on trucks and generators and let me tell you, if you have any concern about the Mitsu diesel engines, dont. They are great engines.

/ Montana Tractor prices #2  
I believe this Dealer is close to you. He has descent prices, but they have went up some since I bought my tractor. I bought a 4540 from him. It's went up over $1k since Feb when I bought it. I heard Montana had a model wide price increase not too long ago. Probably explains the price increase on his website. Regardless Ira was very easy to deal with and my transation was made over the phone and by fax, never met him.

For a 4340, if you can find one with a FEL for near $20k, you are doing good in my opinion. Anything $20k or under would be a bargain!

The Montana tractors are very nice tractors. I agree with you on the Mits engines being very good. That's one of the big things they have going for them. I wrote a fairly detailed review of my 4540 in this forum below.

/ Montana Tractor prices #3  
Welcome. The 4340 is a great model. I go back and forth on this but I really honestly belive that the 4340 open station is my favorite. This tractor is a work horse with large open deck.

There is every reason to look at this tractor in my opinion. All the standard features, the quality of build, the value etc.

It has a lot to offer and is very, very strong with lots of standard features. I love the Mitsu engine and have only excellent things to say about it.

As far as price it is really quit a different story from region to region. It was brought up in another thread and in a different brand but the poster said it pretty well.

Many factors come into play. The cost of doing business as a dealer varies, has insurances, employees, cost of various over head in the region, shipping, does the dealer offer excellent customer service ie. if warranty issue pick it up and return it free. This with the crazy cost of fuel is coming less and less I think.

There are many factors coming into play and the dealer has to make a fair margin to be able to operate and be there for you in the years to come. Being a dealer of trucks I am sure you are very aware of this at least more so than many people.

So, I can't really say what your area will bring in a price but I would talk to the dealer and see what you think of him and what he has to offer, drive the tractor (you will be impressed) and go from there.

I wish I could be a bit better help in this area. Once you drive it let us know of any questions you may have and I will certainly do my best to help out.

Best of luck,
Maka

/ Montana Tractor prices
Wow, Thats a great sales pitch, who do you work for????
I was just looking for a national average or the lowest price. For some strange reason I find myself traveling the country in a truck with trailer in tow so if I can go to the east coast and get it cheaper I will or if I have to go to the west coast I can.

/ Montana Tractor prices #5  
DmaxEter. No sales pitch and it is easy to see who I am and tell what I do by reading my posts. But, if not yet sure just look at my profile.

I tried to answer the question thoughtfully and actually tried to be of some assistance. I am sure many people here will tell you that I help them lots with information and other stuff.

I personally don't have a national average to give you and I don't have the lowest price to give you so I did not. I attempted to give you some info that I thought would be helpful but it appears you were a bit put off by what I had to say.

So, I will defer to others on this board to help you as when I do so and it is not appreciated or sarcasm is thrown back at me then my desire to help out wanes quickly.

Good luck in the search and I hope you get a tractor, dealer and price that you are happy with. I tell that to every single person on this board no matter what tractor brand they purchase.

Best of luck.

Maka

/ Montana Tractor prices #6  
I'll have to step in here at Maka's defense. He has answered several questions for me both on the board and through PM's. I live in OK and he is up in the NW, so he knows there is probably no chance of me buying a tractor from him, but he helped anyway.

I can understand a dealer's reluctance to post prices on this board because he doesn't want to do anything to make other dealers jobs more difficult. In one of the last few threads there was a link to a dealer in TN who does post his prices. I am paying less for mine than he advertises.

I would suggest that you PM some of the other recent purchasers down the board. I did and nearly all of them told me what they paid for their tractors. For the record, I am paying $26,500 for a 5740C w/ FEL. I possibly could have gotten it cheaper. I didn't want to buy it out of state because I would still have to go to the local dealer to buy parts. I contacted the two closest dealers to where I live and went with the one that offered me the best price.

/ Montana Tractor prices #7  
Dittos on jc7622's post!! Maka is a dealer, but with no ulterior motives at all. He is high on Montanas, proud to sell them and is just offering help to anyone who asks. He helped me and answered many questions for me as he did with jc7622 in Pms and knew I wasn't going to buy from him. Maka is a dynamite kind of guy, just trying to help those asking questions about a relatively new tractor on the market that he knows a great deal about.

I believe though that jc7622 bought his 5740C from a dealer that had bought his tractor from Montana under the old pricing plan to dealers, and since then, the manufacturer had a $2000.00 increase in dealer price. At this point, I think $28500-29500 would be in the ballpark for a good deal on a 5740C. Then again, I'm certainly not a dealer so I don't want to put words in their mouths, or prices either. I bought my 5740C under the "old" price to dealers too.

/ Montana Tractor prices #8  
Actually here's a Montana 5740C advertised for $27,918 with FEL. I'm pretty sure that is current pricing, with the recent price increase, as it was advertised for less a few months back.

I'm not affiliated with this dealer in anyway, other then I did buy my Montana 4540 from him because he had the best price and was easy to deal with over the phone. I like being quoted a direct no BS price also and I kinnd of like the fact that he isn't affraid to advertise his selling prices on his website. That method sold him at least one tractor, mine. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Montana Tractor prices
Well, went and used a 4340 a little at the local dealer. Let me tell you guys, that tractor sold me on LG. It did everthing perfect. Steering was great, shuttle shift worked great, hydraulics are smooth and strong. And the value, 4340, FEL, extra remote on the rear, 6ft bush hog and 6ft box blade for about $22,000. Im sold on them. My tractor will be green but not green and yellow. I also compared the compact to the utility operators platform, man I see what everyone says about a big dude being cramped. The utility was just right for me.