MONTANA TRACTORS

/ MONTANA TRACTORS #51  
Mapquest shows stillwell as being 54 miles from lowell. I am actually very amazed at that I have driven those roads and It sure seems to be a lot farther than 54 miles. I guess if you go through lincoln to 59 and then up 59 to whatever road goes to stillwell it might be that but it does seem a lot farther than that. I am not sure how much behind the dealer map is. I was just made aware of a dealer in fort smith a few months ago, the fort smith dealer was on their map and now i see they are gone off of it.

I hope they can get dealers and keep them. I like my montana tractor. I think for the money it is a good buy. If I was looking at tractors I would be a bit concerned about the commitment my local montana dealer had to the brand. If I was comfortable that they were going to keep montana tractors on their lot and continue to stock parts I would buy one. I do know that the Montana service dealership in greenland told me they had a contract with Montana because there was no dealership close and Montana needed someone to do warranty work and provide maintenance on the tractors. Montana is concerned enough with Montana owners in this area to find a place they could get under contract to provide service to local owners. I am not trying to bad mouth Montana I just know that in the three years I have had my tractor there have been three dealers between Fort Smith and Montana headquarters that are no longer selling Montana tractors or products. The 4th dealership located in that area is not a dealership they are just a service and warranty establishment. Actually you have done me a favor by posting the stillwell dealer. I did not see them listed in the listing beside the map and stillwell while a bit of a drive for me is not that far away just slow roads to get there on.

/ MONTANA TRACTORS #52  
May I make a comment or two?

Yes, there are some dealers out there that are no longer dealers. I know now that Montana has been in the market for a while they are not looking to sign up every Tom, Dick, and Harry that wants to sell tractors but, good quality dealers that know tractors and will take pride in the Montana line such as Maka. Could this be the reason we are seeing more Montana's on fewer lots? Well, I'm no expert but I think it would be better for the tractors to be transferred to another dealer to have an opportunity to be sold versus being sent back to the manufacturer.

I also know Montana is getting ready to introduce an 80 and 90 hp tractor. Can't wait for that one!

And for the FarmTrac guys, it is an unfortunate situation you guys are in but as it was mentioned before Montana needs to take care of their customers first and the FT guys should be grateful for any support they can get. I hope something positive happens for you FT dealers.

Anyway, just my two cents from an ol' country boy that likes to drive a tractor every now and then.:)