Happy with my 4940......but

/ Happy with my 4940......but #1  

countryguy

In thirty years farming my 118 acre patch, I've owned New Holland and John Deere's. I've never owned a tractor that's such a pleasure to operate and built with so much common sense as my Montana 4940. It's done everything I've asked of it and more. Kudos to the design boys! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My only frustrations have been with the poorly thought out owners manual that came with it. I'm born and bred in the USA and don't care to be challenged with the metric system and terms other than good old English! The manual also doesn't give parts numbers. Finding filters alone has been a challenge and nobody has a crossover reference. I was glad my feed dealer had a few Montana's parked on his lot. Beyond that, he's no help and there are no service departments nearby. Has anyone found a good shop manual?

Has a Montana grapple been made for the 4940?

/ Happy with my 4940......but #2  
Ask your dealer if they can order you one or at least get you one on a CD,If they cant help you give me a P.M. but they should be able to get you what you need or they shouldnt be selling them

/ Happy with my 4940......but #3  
I agree countryguy, the current manual doesn't leave a lot to be desired. I could see a owner not familiar with tractors at all, being totally lost and confused the way this manual reads.

But I have it on good authority that Montana is addressing the "Manual" issue. Will be interesting to see how much improved the new ones are.

/ Happy with my 4940......but #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( In thirty years farming my 118 acre patch, I've owned New Holland and John Deere's. I've never owned a tractor that's such a pleasure to operate and built with so much common sense as my Montana 4940. It's done everything I've asked of it and more. Kudos to the design boys! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My only frustrations have been with the poorly thought out owners manual that came with it. I'm born and bred in the USA and don't care to be challenged with the metric system and terms other than good old English! The manual also doesn't give parts numbers. Finding filters alone has been a challenge and nobody has a crossover reference. I was glad my feed dealer had a few Montana's parked on his lot. Beyond that, he's no help and there are no service departments nearby. Has anyone found a good shop manual?

Has a Montana grapple been made for the 4940? )</font>

Montana makes a 72" grapple that will fit on their utility tractors. It weighs 1100 pounds. Also, if you have a curve boomed loader, any skid standard skid steer grapple should fit and work.

Bentlly