3040 Hydraulic Top Link

/ 3040 Hydraulic Top Link #1  

Dallas_Lilly

Gold Member
Tractor
Montana 4340C
Has anybody installed a hydraulic top link and side link kit on the 3040 or other tractors with the 2 remote rear valves? Where did you get it and does it work well?

/ 3040 Hydraulic Top Link #2  
I would call Mark at Carter & Carter Machinery. He posts here and is a TBN sponsor. I added a hyd. top link to a 3440hst for a customer and he liked it. I think Mark can get you set up.

Thanks,
Maka

/ 3040 Hydraulic Top Link #3  
What is a hydraulic tip link?

/ 3040 Hydraulic Top Link #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is a hydraulic top link? )</font>

The standard top link on your 3 point hitch is replaced with a hydraulic cylinder.
I have CCM top link and tilt cylinders installed on my unit.
I highly recommend a hydraulic top link. I use it every time I use the machine.

Attachments

• 835833-tnt 1.JPG
    835833-tnt 1.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 304
   / 3040 Hydraulic Top Link #5  
Pardon my newbie ignorance, but why would you need a hydraulic cylinder for the top link? I must be missing some great piece of wisdom here that's obvious to all but blondes like me.

I'm within weeks of buying a Montana 3040 to work on my 7.4 acres in Western KY and know only enough right now to be dangerous. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ 3040 Hydraulic Top Link #6  
Big Charlie,
I have 30 hours on my 3040 now and know just enough to be dangerous. That said, I can see a value to the hydraulic top link in situations where you want to change the angle of attack with certain implements such as a box blade. Otherwise, you have to get off the tractor and manually adjust the top link. The HTL is not necessary but would be very nice to have.