Price Check Price check on a 3040

/ Price check on a 3040 #1  

PacersDad

Bronze Member
I would like to see what kinds of prices to expect for a Montana 3040 with FEL. I like the idea of a 12x12 shuttle but I haven't seen one in person yet. I'd appreciate any responses and I'd like to know if your happy with the 3040 in general.

/ Price check on a 3040 #2  
I was just quoted a 3040 w/ FEL in NW TN for $16,800. I haven't called around other dealers yet to compare green apples to green apples.

/ Price check on a 3040 #3  
This may or may not help, but I have been looking at Montana's too. I got a price on new 3840 with a FEL of about $16,000. The same dealer had a year old 3840 with a FEL that he not sold but had been using with about 100 hours on it, and he quoted $13,500 for it.

I didn't consider either because the 3840 isn't quite big enough for my needs.

/ Price check on a 3040
Thanks. I really appreciate the info. I would still like anybody's owner perspective if you have a 3040 or 3840 with a loader. What your likes/dislikes maybe, etc.

/ Price check on a 3040 #5  
I don't sell Montana but I do sell the FarmTrac 300DTC which is the exact same machine (different loader though). And here is my take on the machine...I think that in the 30hp class there are almost no other machines that can touch its performance. The 12x12 trans. standard dual remotes, standard draft and flow control, and the 4cy diesel are almost unheard of in the 30hp compact class. Not to mention the price is right in line.

Now I will say this, it is not the most comfortable 30hp tractor I have sat on. If you can get past the comfort part then I don't think there is a better 30hp tractor on the market today. Hope this helps, keep us posted.

/ Price check on a 3040 #6  
I totally agree with you on this being one of the absolute best 30hp tractors on the market. It is hard for others to match up with all it offers.

As far as the comfort level I suppose this really is more of how big and or tall you are. What is comfortable for one may not be for another so he should drive one and see. I do know what you mean however.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Price check on a 3040 #7  
I purchased a 3040 with FEL and paid 16,900 before tax and all that good stuff. I also purchased the 6 foot box blade. I have about 15 hours on the tractor using it to fix my road and push and drag snow. It has been an excellent tractor and I have not complaints. I really like the shuttle shift trans. The draft control works really well. Plenty enough horse power and heavy enough to keep the tires from spinning. My ONLY complaint about the tractor is the cold starting - On those mornings when it is 30 or below and I need to push snow, it has a difficult time starting, usually have to get the glow plugs to come on about four times before it fires. I plan on adding coolant heater at a later date.

/ Price check on a 3040 #8  
I purchased a 2006 with FEL and a Landpride box blade for $15,300 out the door. I love this tractor but could see where it would be a little uncomfortable for a "big" person. I will say the manual for the tractor and the FEL is garbage and I hope they will come out with an update before they change features.

/ Price check on a 3040 #10  
Sorry, Montana. I thought this was a Montana thread.