Montana's debt load

/ Montana's debt load #1  

Big_Charlie

Bronze Member
Tractor
Montana R4944HST
Montana\'s debt load

Are any of you happy Montana owners concerned about the company running into financial troubles? It was recently related to me that Montana (not LG) is somewhere in the range of $150,000,000 in debt. I am seriously considering a Montana, but I want to make sure that they'll be here a few years from now when I need parts...

/ Montana's debt load #2  
Re: Montana\'s debt load

Hello Big Charlie. Montana operated in the black (profitability) in 2005. They do not have any type of debt like that. They are financially very stable.

You don't seem to be trying to cause undo concern and since you are a new member who has completely filled out his bio I believe your question is a real one and not some new person just trying to stir things up.

I will assure you that my resources are very good and that Montana is financially very sound.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Montana's debt load

No, I'm absolutely not trying to stir things up, just trying to make a fully informed decision before buying my tractor. The debt story was related to me by a dealer of another brand and I wanted to check it out a little.

I'm waiting on a quote for a 3x20 Deere right now and am kind of comparing companies. I like the Montana 3040 and the price seems pretty good but I really don't want to get stuck with a tractor I can't get service on 10 years from now.

/ Montana's debt load #4  

Thanks Charlie. I do wish you the best in this and can tell you that the 3040 is a great tractor. Parts are readily available and Montana financially is so strong it would shock people.

Keep us posted and if you get that new 3040 please post some pictures. If I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Maka

/ Montana's debt load #5  

Big Charlie

Sorry to hear what the dealer of another brand told you but it's sad to say I'm not shocked. I had a local dealer tell a guy looking at my Montana's that Montana was going out of business. He didn't fall for the story and I'm glad he asked me about it as I'm glad that you are asking here.

I sell tractors by providing the buyer with good facts for them to base the desision of how they should spend their hard earned money and if they tell me they looked at a certain model of another brand, I may work up a spread sheet so they can compare features.

I don't name bash and I don't blow smoke and I don't see how a dealer willing to do that can expect to ever sell anything.

I also think it's sad but true that a lot of dealers are seeing the quality of the LG product and the drive and organization of Montana and they are a little worried about the competition. They resort to spreading stories like the one that you heard because they are afraid they may not make the sale if the customer is educated in their decision to buy.

I wish you the best of luck with what ever you buy but I hope you buy from an honest dealer.

Ken

/ Montana's debt load #6  

From a guy who looks at financials for a living it is entirely possible that everyone's statements are true. I would imagine that John Deere, Kubota and CNH are billions of dollars in debt. How do you think they are financing the 0% interest deals?

A company can have a lot of debt and still be financially strong and profitable as long as they have plenty of assets to cover the debt and cash flows coming in to pay the debt.

FWIW, Nathan