Agracat goes after Montana

/ Agracat goes after Montana #21  
Maka,

Well said! I think if Montana were doing poorly and losing a lot of money (which I am sure is not at all true) then Agracat wouldn't want part of the action. Even though Montana is our competitor, I still respect the job JB Hunt and the dealer network has done. Let's just hope justice is done and no harm is done to Montana that is not warranted.

A person could be sued for wearing green socks on a Wednesday...but that does not mean there is merit to the claim nor that there will be any success.

Disclaimer....I know nothing of the merits of this case, this is just a general observation.

/ Agracat goes after Montana #22  
Thanks guys.

Maka

/ Agracat goes after Montana #23  
"I thought that I had already posted this, but I looked at the thread and I hadn't."

You did post it and it disappeared along with another post you made. Hmmmmmmmm. Whats up with that?

/ Agracat goes after Montana #24  
The more that you look into this thing, the stranger it gets. AgraCat’s accountant is now a one third owner in Montana.

/ Agracat goes after Montana #25  
<font color="red">"I thought that I had already posted this, but I looked at the thread and I hadn't."

You did post it and it disappeared along with another post you made. Hmmmmmmmm. Whats up with that?

</font>

Some people cannot refrain from insulting and calling names. Unfortunately all replies to those posts are also removed. Jerry's post got removed along with the post that was name calling.

/ Agracat goes after Montana #26  
There is way too much brand loyalty in some of the forums and it is this brand loyalty that causes people with blinders on to ignore or overlook some facts. Every brand has warts, weakspots and flaws. We'd all be better off if we each accepted that fact.

amen brother!!!!!

/ Agracat goes after Montana #27  
Thanks Richard. I thought that I posted more.

/ Agracat goes after Montana #28  
<font color="blue"> The more that you look into this thing, the stranger it gets. AgraCat’s accountant is now a one third owner in Montana. </font>
Looks like he was hired as a financial advisor since it appears that was what he mainly does and then he was also their account.

/ Agracat goes after Montana #29  
With the blinders off and no brand loyalty do you not think the proletariate wishes to know what goes on and what they receive for their hard earned dollars? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Agracat goes after Montana #30  
JerryG
I thought there was another thread started about this but I cannot find it anymore. I want to state up front Montana is a fine tractor and I wish them success in their endeavors. People have asked for any facts related to this and I was just forwarded this from Google.

</font><font color="blueclass=small"> Trucking company founder Hunt named in lawsuit

Monday, April 24, 2006 1:47 AM CDT

SPRINGDALE, Ark. - A lawsuit accuses trucking company founder J.B Hunt of conspiring to steal a tractor and ATV distributor from its founders.

The lawsuit was filed in Washington County Circuit Court on behalf of Agracat, Inc. The suit named Hunt as a defendant, along with AFS-NWA LLC, Charles Goforth, Downing and Associates Inc., Dan Downing, Outsource Investments LLC, J.B. Hunt LLC and 10 John Does.

Hunt founded the Lowell trucking company that bears his name.

The suit says Agracat was formed in July 2000, designing equipment including tractors, farm implements and all-terrain vehicles.

Outsource Investments was formed in September 2002 by Downing, and also owned by Hunt and Goforth. The suit alleges that Outsource lent money to Agracat to buy inventory, but that AFS-NWA and Downing began transactions and payments to Agracat employees that misappropriated Agracat's contracts.

Fayetteville attorney David Nixon filed the suit. He said in a statement that those contractual relations are now being used by Montana Tractor, a company Hunt started in Springdale.

Mel Robinson of Springdale, an Agracat founder and former officer, said Agracat approached Hunt and others to serve as business partners.

Robinson said Agracat officers made about $104,000 a year before AFS-NWA reduced the officers' salaries to $500 a month in January of 2004. Robinson claimed that reduction was part of "a hostile, illegal takeover" of Agracat by the defendants.

The lawsuit does not specify damages, but Robinson estimated the three former Agracat officers suffered losses in the millions. He said there were also 17 other shareholders.

"This ... crushed 20 people, not to count the small businesses that supplied us that literally could not take the hit," Robinson said.

Fayetteville attorney Ken Shemin filed a response Monday on behalf of Hunt, Goforth, Downing, AFS-NWA and the other defendants. Shemin asked the court to dismiss Agracat's lawsuit and order Agracat to pay court costs and attorney's fees.

Information from: The Morning News, http://www.nwaonline.net/

A service of the Associated Press(AP)

)</font>
Happy tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif