Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed

/ Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed #1  

Unclebuck257

Platinum Member
Tractor
2005 Montana 5740C
Two Montana 5740C\'s and a Storage Shed

That neighbor of mine that borrowed my 5740C and then bought one identical to mine for himself, called me the other night and asked if I'd come over and bring my 5740C to help him unload a storage shed he was moving out to his place. I did, and Bird has been good enough to post the picture of it for me.

My neighbor brought the shed out on an 18 Wheeler trailer, and then each of us got under one side of the shed with our FELs and lifted it up about 5 inches. At that point, he then pulled the 18 wheeler out from under the shed and we lowered the shed a little closer to the ground.

After we lowered it, we then we moved the shed VERY CAREFULLY with our tractors, about 12 feet to the left in that pic and set it down where he wanted it. His wife took this picture with her camera phone and I thought it looked pretty good.

His tractor is on the left and mine is on the right.

/ Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed #2  
Re: Two Montana 5740C\'s and a Storage Shed

Here's the picture of the two Montanas and a shed.

Attachments

• 869006-Two Montanas and a shed.jpg
    869006-Two Montanas and a shed.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 440
   / Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed #3  

I like it. Thanks guys for that post.

Maka

/ Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed #4  

I like the sounds of where you live. People helping each other out not to mention the fine equipment thay have to do it with!

I may have a need to unload some stacked trailers and wish I had you as a neighbor to help!

Thanks for posting that picture.

Ken

/ Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed #5  

That looks like it was fun trying to work together on that.

Maka

/ Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed #6  

Funny, not an hour and 1/2 ago Cody was telling me about that photo you guys showed him. He seems like a good kid, Its more my lack of knowledge about Montana thats the problem, I did see the exact models you guys bought, all I saw missing was a grill for the steaks! nice tractor but more than I need for 15+ wooded acres, of course it could second as a deer blind mmmmmm may try that on the "boss"

/ Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed #7  

That's a really neat photo. It must have taken some excellent coordination.

Cliff

/ Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed #8  

Now thats what I call team work!

/ Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed

Thanks fellas!! I thought you might enjoy that photo.

As far as the "coordination" goes Cliff Johns, we put both tractors in "L" and 1st gear. Basically my buddy on the left kept his clutch in and I moved forward SLOWLY!! I was pushing him, so to speak, and the main ingredient, his wife, was standing there telling me how much further I needed to go forward before we set it down.

Montanaman,

If you were here in Texas, we'd surely give you a hand!! Ironically, my buddy on the left is originally from Ohio and I'm originally from Pa. We attributed our success in the move to our Montana's ability and also Yankee ingenuity!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maka,

I never did post any pics after I first got my Montana a year ago and thought this might help make up for it! Thanks to Bird's help of course!!

/ Two Montana 5740C's and a Storage Shed

Western,

You need to get a 5740C anyway!! You'll find a use for one!! They are really a fine tractor! Oh, and Cody is a fine young man too!!

Tiller,

Hey buddy. Glad to see you again!