Montana's

/ Montana's #1  

JDPN

Silver Member
Montana\'s

Where are Montana tractor made, especially the utilities?

/ Montana's #2  
Re: Montana\'s

Manufactured by LG in So. Korea. Assembled in Springdale Arkansas. All the Utilty tractors are Mitsubishi powered.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Montana's #3  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Manufactured by LG in So. Korea. Assembled in Springdale Arkansas. All the Utilty tractors are Mitsubishi powered. )</font>

Actually,

Models 3440 and 2740 and 3240 have Daedong engines.

Series 70 has Deere engines.

The rest are Mitsubishi.

Cliff

/ Montana's #4  

Assembled means they put the wheels on basically. They are crate shipped as a complete unit. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Montana's #5  

Maka said all the "utility" tractors are Mitsu. powered and that is correct. The models you listed are the compact line and while some are Mitsu. powered others are not. Same with our FarmTrac compacts.

/ Montana's #6  

Hello Cliff_Johns. I was very careful to specify that the utility tractors are all Mitsubishi powered and that is in fact a very correct statement. The Daedong tractors are CUTs and of the CUTs only 3 are Daedong powered. So since I need to be a bit more clear here is the breakdown of powerplants.

Compacts;

2740----Daedong
3240----Daedong
3040----Mitsubishi
3440HST----Daedong
3840----Mitsubishi
3940HST----Mitsubishi
4540----Mitsubishi

Utility Tractors
4320----Mitsubishi
4320C----Mitsubishi
4340----Mitsubishi
4340C----Mitsubishi
4920----Mitsubishi
4920C----Mitsubishi
4940----Mitsubishi
4940C----Mitsubishi
5720----Mitsubishi
5720C----Mitsubishi
5740----Mitsubishi
5740C----Mitsubishi

As far as assembled, OK Doc I agree for the most part. Tractor come in partially assembled and final is done in Springdale. Loaders come in (USA made) and they are assembled and mounted in Springdale.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Montana's #7  

Thanks Gamble.

Maka

/ Montana's #8  

As far as where things are assembled, it is foolish to think that things are built in the USA because companies are proud to be here. Sorry to say but it's all about the dollar and where it can be best used.

Honda doesn't build Goldwings in the USA unless they can do so to avoid import tarrifs and make more profit. Large tractors are built in the USA for shipping logistics more than anything. A sea container that would only hold two tractors all stripped down could hold a lot of tractor parts!!

Years ago the Chevy Nova that was build by Toyota could be bought for less than the same Toyota because it was finished in the USA and there was no tarrif to be paid on it.

Walmart was all proud to sell made in the USA products when they opened their doors and now they provide China with more money than most countries.

Sorry if I opened any eyes that were happy being closed but we are just about done giving this country away!

Ken

/ Montana's #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hello Cliff_Johns. I was very careful to specify that the utility tractors are all Mitsubishi powered and that is in fact a very correct statement. )</font>

Well, no it's not a correct statment. The 7074 is a utility tractor as listed on the Montana web site and it uses a Deere engine.

Why didn't you list that one in your list of Utilities?

I listed the compact utilities because I thought the question was about Montana in general and especially utilities, rather than only utilities. At least that's the way I read it. Sorry for my confusion.

Cliff

/ Montana's #10  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Maka said all the "utility" tractors are Mitsu. powered and that is correct. The models you listed are the compact line and while some are Mitsu. powered others are not. )</font>

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. If the 70 Series is a compact, I can't imagine how big the actual utilities are.

Cliff