Montana Quick Disconnects

/ Montana Quick Disconnects #1  

xxxsandman

Silver Member
Does ALL Montana loaders have quick disconnects for the bucket or did some of the earlier ones not? The reason I ask is I've seen pictures of a 4940C that seems to have the pivot pins fastened directly through the bucket. The loader was the old style and has a pivot arm that is in front of the tilt cylinders.

It did not look like the bucket would be easily changed to something else, but maybe I couldn't see how it worked.

James

/ Montana Quick Disconnects #2  
The older style loaders had a QD bucket but it isn't the skid steer style. The top pin actually stays in the bucket and the loader hooks under it. Then the lower pins are slid out by moving the handle that you mentioned and locking the bucket in place.

Ken

/ Montana Quick Disconnects #3  
My 5740C has the early QD's for my FEL. They are flimsey in my opinion and I sure wish I could change mine out with the new types my neighbor got on the 5740C he just bought with an FEL!! Montana knew they had a problem and finally changed FEL and QD types.

The "QD levers" on mine bend way too easily which causes problems, and in fact if they are bent too much, you can't use the QD at all. This is the ONLY "questionable" thing about those first Montanas I wish they'd do something about.