3840 Tach Cover

/ 3840 Tach Cover #11  
The tractor you have is built by LS Cable out of Korea and sold by Montana.

/ 3840 Tach Cover #12  
The tractor you have is built by LS Cable out of Korea and sold by Montana.

/ 3840 Tach Cover
Does the clear plastic lens pry out of the dash or do you have to unbolt it from below? thanks mike

/ 3840 Tach Cover
Does the clear plastic lens pry out of the dash or do you have to unbolt it from below? thanks mike

/ 3840 Tach Cover #15  
Mike,

There are a bunch of screws that hold the cover in place with the black ring around it.

I would call the dealer and talk to them about it.

Ken

/ 3840 Tach Cover #16  
Mike,

There are a bunch of screws that hold the cover in place with the black ring around it.

I would call the dealer and talk to them about it.

Ken

/ 3840 Tach Cover
I have all ready discused it with the dealer I purchased the tractor from he is going to send me a new dash window and a parts breakdown for the entire tractor but I have not recieved it. the dealer is 200 miles away I would rather do the repairs myself than have the dealer haul it in for something this simple.

/ 3840 Tach Cover
I have all ready discused it with the dealer I purchased the tractor from he is going to send me a new dash window and a parts breakdown for the entire tractor but I have not recieved it. the dealer is 200 miles away I would rather do the repairs myself than have the dealer haul it in for something this simple.

/ 3840 Tach Cover #19  
I understand. I guess my point is that it should be the dealers problem, not yours.

You can pull the four screws that hold the upper dash on and carefully lift it up while clearing it from the steering boot. You can't lift it very far though before you need to reach under and dis-connect the tach cable. Un-plug two plugs to the gauge assy and you can remove the entire upper dash.

From there, it will all be pretty clear as to what needs done to get the gauge housing out of the dash and take the cover off.

Hope that helps,
Ken

/ 3840 Tach Cover #20  
I understand. I guess my point is that it should be the dealers problem, not yours.

You can pull the four screws that hold the upper dash on and carefully lift it up while clearing it from the steering boot. You can't lift it very far though before you need to reach under and dis-connect the tach cable. Un-plug two plugs to the gauge assy and you can remove the entire upper dash.

From there, it will all be pretty clear as to what needs done to get the gauge housing out of the dash and take the cover off.

Hope that helps,
Ken