Boom flailing with new Montana 5740 C

/ Boom flailing with new Montana 5740 C #1  

BRUSHTAMERS

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana 5740 C
Sorry folks, I forgot to take a picture of the boom flail from the back, was more worried about whether or not I'd be able to keep track of the cutting head from the cab. Needn't have worried, almost perfect visilibity down to the extreme lowest reach, with no neck straining. Great job by the crew at Ag Bag Forage Solutions for brainstorming a way to get fairly rigid cables and the controls into the cab, yet a fairly quick connent and disconnect. The boom flail is an integral part of my mower fleet, which consists of one tractor, and several different mowers.The boom flail is the most difficult to mount also, being a three point mount, rather than an intregal mount on the bigger units. The Montana is heavy enough that I believe I can get away from the wheel weights I was using for ballast for side to side, and the water filled 30 gallon barrel in the bucket to keep the front end down. At least I didn't have any serious trouble this week when I mowed. Not having to mount the wheel weights alone saves a half hour on hookup.

/ Boom flailing with new Montana 5740 C
Sorry folks, I forgot to take a picture of the boom flail from the back, was more worried about whether or not I'd be able to keep track of the cutting head from the cab. Needn't have worried, almost perfect visilibity down to the extreme lowest reach, with no neck straining. Great job by the crew at Ag Bag Forage Solutions for brainstorming a way to get fairly rigid cables and the controls into the cab, yet a fairly quick connent and disconnect. The boom flail is an integral part of my mower fleet, which consists of one tractor, and several different mowers.The boom flail is the most difficult to mount also, being a three point mount, rather than an intregal mount on the bigger units. The Montana is heavy enough that I believe I can get away from the wheel weights I was using for ballast for side to side, and the water filled 30 gallon barrel in the bucket to keep the front end down. At least I didn't have any serious trouble this week when I mowed. Not having to mount the wheel weights alone saves a half hour on hookup.