Montana Parts

/ Montana Parts #1  

frankyjacks

Montana owners and dealers, I need your help!

I am the parts manager for a northwestern Ag dealership. We are a new Montana dealer. The montana suggested parts list was over the top for our budget.

What do you recommend that I stock? What the the common parts? What has a history of malfunctioning or breaking. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Frank J

/ Montana Parts
Montana owners and dealers, I need your help!

I am the parts manager for a northwestern Ag dealership. We are a new Montana dealer. The montana suggested parts list was over the top for our budget.

What do you recommend that I stock? What the the common parts? What has a history of malfunctioning or breaking. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Frank J

/ Montana Parts #3  
Dupe

/ Montana Parts #4  
Dupe

/ Montana Parts #5  
fuel/oil/hyd/air filters
rated motor & hyd oil

at a reasonable price too.

KB

/ Montana Parts #6  
fuel/oil/hyd/air filters
rated motor & hyd oil

at a reasonable price too.

KB

/ Montana Parts #7  
All the filters, and wear type items, like:

tach cable
clutch sets
brakes
belts
alternators
water pumps
thermostats
replacement lights and switches
o-rings for all the hydraulic couplings that will eventually fail
Stock the proper size male quick disconnects for the rear hydraulic connectors. BTW, what fits those? I need to go find some.
FEL cylinders
Hydraulic pumps (steering and implement)
Steering cylinder and hoses
Replacement FEL pins

Those are just a few items I thought of in 5 mins or so. There's probably more, but Montana should have stock on EVERY part on the tractor, so it wouldn't be more then a few days away, I would think.

James

/ Montana Parts #8  
All the filters, and wear type items, like:

tach cable
clutch sets
brakes
belts
alternators
water pumps
thermostats
replacement lights and switches
o-rings for all the hydraulic couplings that will eventually fail
Stock the proper size male quick disconnects for the rear hydraulic connectors. BTW, what fits those? I need to go find some.
FEL cylinders
Hydraulic pumps (steering and implement)
Steering cylinder and hoses
Replacement FEL pins

Those are just a few items I thought of in 5 mins or so. There's probably more, but Montana should have stock on EVERY part on the tractor, so it wouldn't be more then a few days away, I would think.

James

/ Montana Parts #9  
I understand your problem. We were in the same boat at one time.
For the length of time the units have been here in the country, unless somone wants to cross over a "blue montana" you won't need much more than filters a couple of hoses and belts.
We sell a few clutch sets for Kioti's but they have been here for a few years. We have yet to replace the clutch in a unit that wasn't at least 6 years old, not to say that it won't happen but it's unlikely. Same with waterpumps, brakes, hydraulic pumps and steering cylinders.
Look at your parts manuals and see what is shared between the different models.
The belts for one model may fit alot of the others, then stock one or two of those.
Hoses, same way.
Alternator..Maybe, we have only replaced one in the 5 years we have sold Kioti's.
Lights, yes someone always manages to break one LOL.

Call other dealers and ask what they have sold for the units they have in the field.
When we started out we ordered alot of stuff and still have 90% of what we ordered in stock, not that we don't sell parts, just that we haven't sold those parts.

KO

/ Montana Parts #10  
I understand your problem. We were in the same boat at one time.
For the length of time the units have been here in the country, unless somone wants to cross over a "blue montana" you won't need much more than filters a couple of hoses and belts.
We sell a few clutch sets for Kioti's but they have been here for a few years. We have yet to replace the clutch in a unit that wasn't at least 6 years old, not to say that it won't happen but it's unlikely. Same with waterpumps, brakes, hydraulic pumps and steering cylinders.
Look at your parts manuals and see what is shared between the different models.
The belts for one model may fit alot of the others, then stock one or two of those.
Hoses, same way.
Alternator..Maybe, we have only replaced one in the 5 years we have sold Kioti's.
Lights, yes someone always manages to break one LOL.

Call other dealers and ask what they have sold for the units they have in the field.
When we started out we ordered alot of stuff and still have 90% of what we ordered in stock, not that we don't sell parts, just that we haven't sold those parts.

KO