7-Pin Plug

/ 7-Pin Plug #1  

Dick Blessing

On my new Montana 3040 there is a rectangular 7-Pin plug protruding from a hole next to the fuel tank on the rear of the tractor. It is for attaching lights, etc., on any towed attachments or trailers. Anyone know where I can get the other half of the plug with the pigtail wires? Is it a standard type of plug? One that would have the same corresponding color code in the wires?
Thanks

/ 7-Pin Plug #2  
I asked my dealer about it. Yes, it is for lights, etc.

However, Montana told him the adapter is not available ... it's some Korean standard or something. He said you basically need to cut it off and rewire it to a usable adpater.

Now, I'm speaking as an owner of an '05 4540, so maybe things are different for your model & year, but I suspect not.

Hope that helps
- Mike

/ 7-Pin Plug #3  
My R4944HST has a round 7 pin connector - the exact same one that semi-trucks and trailers use. The wiring is pretty close also. If you need any diagrams for that wiring - send me a pm and I will get you them.

/ 7-Pin Plug #5  
Check the manual and see what it shows. A 3040 manual I have here shows there being a 7 pin round outlet but we know better! Looking at a 3040 I have in stock, it has the small plastic pin socket but there are only 6 wires in it.

Need to work it out carefully with a test light while running the lights and turn signals and make a color chart for the wires.

Ken

/ 7-Pin Plug #6  
I have a 3040 that I am basically happy with. I must say it is a sorry state of affairs when you cannot get the corresponding plug for factory installed wiring or filter cross reference lists. If I were a distributor I would not brag about my customer support when simple things like these go unaddressed.

:(