Price Check 5740 price & comparison

/ 5740 price & comparison #1  

michellesc7

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 5410 4wd Cab w/ loader, Mahindra 6500 4wd Q/A FEL, John Deere 4120 4wd w/ FEL & John Deere 1050 4wd
hello all
i am looking at the 5740 4wd with loader. i was ready to buy a mahindra 6000 or 5500, but i put it on hold until i check out the montana 5740.
looks like a great tractor. have a newer dealer 20 miles away.
need 4wd with loader - no cab. like the grapple i have seen on some of the posts. need grill guard and one set of rear remotes. how much should i pay for the tractor? how much for the grapple? have alot of heavy brush work to do.

has anyone done the mahindra comparison.? like the mitsubishi engine.
michelle

/ 5740 price & comparison #2  
Never seen a Mahindra up here yet. But did price a 5740,mfd,cab,loader against a Kioti DK55c. Montana was $38,000 CDN vs. Kioti @$37,000 CDN comparably equipped. If this is any help.

/ 5740 price & comparison #3  
I leased a 5740C with a front end loader a couple of months ago. The price (sale or lease) was $29250. This is the cab model, of course, but it will give you a starting point. The 5740 comes standard with 2 rear remotes. Can't help with any info on the grapple, but if you find a good one let me know!

The 5740 seems to have plenty of power and stamina. Good luck!

Kevin

/ 5740 price & comparison #4  
I've had my 5740C 4wd for well over a year and a half now. That 4 cyl Mits. Diesel Engine is great compared to the 3 cyl in most others. I have used mine to mow 50 acres with an 8 ft heavy duty Dale Phillips brush mower, with no problems mowing at all.

I also have the quick change type FEL ( older model) and aside from the levers for quick changing that Montana has already changed, I have had no trouble at all with full buckets of rock or dirt, in any way.

I have a quick change front spike on mine too for loading, unloading, and moving etc, large round bales of hay for our cows and it handles those just real well too in any phase of the operation.

They are really a great tractor and I personally feel as though you get a lot more for your money with Montana than with any other brand.

Go back in the archives and look up the picture of my neighbor, who bought a 5740C after borrowing mine for a couple of days, and look at that pic of him and his 5740C and me and my 5740C, each on one side of the storage building he brought out to his place out here. Each of us is holding up one side of the storage building with our FELs as the trailer is pulled out from under it.

/ 5740 price & comparison #5  
Greetings;

I bought a 4940 (not quite but similar to a 5740) last spring and have only good things to say about it. I felt for the price, I paid $21,000 with the newer quick release FEL, it was about as good of a deal as I found in the market.

The next closest for the value came Mahindra. Similar size for a similar price with the up side to the Mahindra being is was a little heaver but the down sides were the 3 cylinder v.s the Mitsubshi 4 cylinder engine in the Montana and the Montana dealer was only 5 miles awat while the closest mahindra was 20 miles away.

Probably the other plus with the Montana was that after driving several (A/C, New Holland, Deere, Mahindra, Branson) the Montana just seemed to fit me the best.

BTW; with 49 HP it pulls a HEAVY, old 7' hydraulic JD rotary mower over 40 acres of Ozarks with ease. I am going to fill the tires though when I get time. The added weight would help when using the FEL.

Good Luck

/ 5740 price & comparison #6  
chzhead said:
Greetings;

The next closest for the value came Mahindra. Similar size for a similar price with the up side to the Mahindra being is was a little heaver but the down sides were the 3 cylinder v.s the Mitsubshi 4 cylinder engine in the Montana and the Montana dealer was only 5 miles awat while the closest mahindra was 20 miles away.

Good Luck

Which Mahindra did you try with the 3 cyl engine? The 5500 and 6000 are both 4 cyl Mahindra direct inject diesels designed by AVL of Austria. BobG in VA

/ 5740 price & comparison #7  
Must have compared to the 4500.

/ 5740 price & comparison #8  
Paid $34,750, according to my paperwork, at end of May this year for 5740 C The deal included a 4 in 1 bucket, valving, and wiring to the joystick. Plus the dealer made sure that my boom flail controls would fit in the cab, and enabled the cable controls to the 3 point boom flail for a pretty easy hookup. Traded in a John Deere 4600, with extras ( forks, 4 in 1, standard bucket, ballast box, wheel weights) @2500 or so hrs.Crediited just shy of $15,000 toward purchase price.

/ 5740 price & comparison #9  
yeah; the Mahindra I tried out was the 4500 w/4wd..... At the time I was looking at it and the 4340 Montana but ended up getting a 4940. The price difference the dealer ended up giving me between the 4340 and the 4940 was only $1400. So, for the extra HP it seemed worth the cost.

/ 5740 price & comparison
the 3 cyl mahindra was probably the 4530, which i also considered. i looked at the 5740 and did not like he loader mountings front and main mountings.
has alot of good features and a handsome look. i am ordering a mahindra 6000 this friday or next. thk you all for responding.
michelle