LG, LS, TYM, UTB, What did I buy?

/ LG, LS, TYM, UTB, What did I buy? #1  

hadrosaur

Tractor
Montana 4540
This is some interesting info that I did not know before my fingers Googele'd a bit too much. I'm not trying to disparage Montana tractors. I own a 4540 that I like a lot. I wish I could get it back.

Due to my own stupidity, I incurred significant damage to the Mitsubishi engine. I have now been waiting fore a month while parts are on back order from LS? Not LG? For a Mitsubishi engine? It may be that all of this cross corporation blending has stalled their supply channels.
Has anybody else had any problems with delays for 'Montana' engine parts?
Check out these links.

LS Tractors: Information from Answers.com
Montana Tractors: Information from Answers.com

/ LG, LS, TYM, UTB, What did I buy? #2  
What you bought is a very nice tractor built by LG/LS in Korea. The TYM and UTB tractors are some new offerings from Montana. TYM is building smaller compacts and also the 70 HP tractor and UTB is building some very rugged and lower cost 2WD tractors for Montana.

You can see that LG/LS has been in this game for a while now and is building tractors for several companies that have been in this game for a while, so I wouldn't have any fear of the parts running out!

Now, I for one would love to hear what happened to the engine and how??

Montana has always worked pretty hard for me in getting me the parts I need in a timely fashion. As to what the hold up is on your parts, you need to work that out with the servicing dealer.

All I can add is that I have never had to wait for a part longer than it took UPS to get it to me but I also haven't had the need for any engine parts yet!

Ken

/ LG, LS, TYM, UTB, What did I buy? #3  
I'm with Ken. I have not had any engine parts need but have not had a problem with getting parts. What happened?

Maka

/ LG, LS, TYM, UTB, What did I buy? #4  
I had to have the hyd pump replaced due to a faulty seal. Montana sent the wrong pump initially, but had the correct one to the dealer a couple of days after that.

/ LG, LS, TYM, UTB, What did I buy?
The title to this entry should have been 'Where is my Montana support', not 'What did I buy'.

What happened:
20 hours after my 50 hour service, the oil drain plug in the engine fell out. This occurred while bush hogging full bore in a very bad place. Mitsubishi engines, as well as all others, do not perform well with no lubricant. So, nasty nasty things happened.

Why it happened:
I suspect that I did not properly tighten the drain plug after the oil change. The 'OIL' light, like all the other indicators on the console, cannot be seen in full sunlight with a good coating of work dust. Still, My bad.

And then:
I called my dealer, who has been extremely responsive and helpful through out this process. They broke down the engine, assessed the damage, had the crank shaft turned, and ordered parts to complete the repair.

Now:
Parts have been on order since September 29. Most have been delivered, but not all. The current status from my dealer is that they are still waiting on parts from Montana.
Montana says they are waiting on LS.

Me:
I am frustrated because I am now a month plus behind on my farm work. I am trying to reclaim a 200 acre plus farm that has been neglected for some time.
I am also not fond of making payments on something I cannot use.

Summary:
I do like my Montana tractor so far. I think it might serve me long and well, if my dealer can get parts. Parts is parts. If you can't get all of the ones you need, then you might as well have none.

This IS NOT a dealer issue. This is a Montana support issue.

I am frustrated, beginning to become angry.

/ LG, LS, TYM, UTB, What did I buy? #6  
hadrosaur said:

Thanks for the interesting links. I didn't realize that Montana tractors were first made in 2004/2005. I just thought they were like several other brand of tractors I'd never heard of until TBN such as TYM, Iseki, Jinma, Kioti, Branson etc. I live in a part of the country where you just don't see those brands, so I never knew they existed until reading about them on the internet.