4940C extendable lifting arms

/ 4940C extendable lifting arms #1  

Texasgreen

Silver Member
Tractor
06 Montana 4940C/R4/FEL arched boom.
When I bought my 4940C I knew that not having extendable lifting arms was going to be a somewhat of a pain when it came to switching from a box blade to a flail mower or any of my hay equipment. I bought some new lifting arms and a sway bar kit that fits the Kubota M5000. The lifting arms fit fine on my Montana. I did have to do some small cutting and welding on the sway bar ends so they would fit. Now it’s easy to change out three point equipment without having to push, pull and cuss.

I also built a bracket and moved the FEL hose connections up to a more user friendly place for hook/unhook. Then, I tented the windows with 3M film. Tenting the windows made a big difference. I have no more sun glare and the a/c doesn’t have to work as hard to keep the cab cool.

Attachments

• threepoint 003.jpg
    threepoint 003.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 289
  • threepoint 004.jpg
    threepoint 004.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 256
  • threepoint 017.jpg
    threepoint 017.jpg
    698.5 KB · Views: 176
  • threepoint 002.jpg
    threepoint 002.jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 168
  • threepoint 007.jpg
    threepoint 007.jpg
    731.6 KB · Views: 181
  • threepoint 006.jpg
    threepoint 006.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 201
   / 4940C extendable lifting arms #2  
Texasgreen said:
When I bought my 4940C I knew that not having extendable lifting arms was going to be a somewhat of a pain when it came to switching from a box blade to a flail mower or any of my hay equipment. I bought some new lifting arms and a sway bar kit that fits the Kubota M5000. The lifting arms fit fine on my Montana. I did have to do some small cutting and welding on the sway bar ends so they would fit. Now it’s easy to change out three point equipment without having to push, pull and cuss.

I also built a bracket and moved the FEL hose connections up to a more user friendly place for hook/unhook. Then, I tented the windows with 3M film. Tenting the windows made a big difference. I have no more sun glare and the a/c doesn’t have to work as hard to keep the cab cool.

How much were the lifting arms and swaybar kit for the kubota M5000 ?

I noticed where you moved your hydraulic disconnects for the FEL. I have an older version 4940C the FEL hydraulic hoses on mine were on a bracked that sets right below the disconnect pin The only problem with that is that you have to pull one of the hoses to be able to get the pin out

/ 4940C extendable lifting arms
The Kubota M5000 lifting arms and sway bar kit set me back $730.00. One arm alone is $315.00, and the sway bar kit is around $100.00. It may seem like a lot of money but, it’s well worth it. Also, the Kubota lifting arm ends are cat-2. The Kubota ball ends are larger then the cat-1 arms that came stock on my Montana. I did have to cut the saw bars off by 2” so the lifting arms would swing open wider.

The bracket I made for the FEL hydraulic hose connections is nothing more than a piece of 2x2x1/4” angle that I cut 9” long and cut one end off at a 15 degree angle. Then I welded it on the FEL bracket 2" below the loader pin. I can pull the loader pin out just fine and the loader will come off the tractor with no clearance problems. There is plenty of clearance between the hose connections and the tire. I did have to also buy the fittings and have some hoses made for this set up. That set me back around $130.00.It was worth it to me. Now, I don’t have to lay on my back to hook/unhook the FEL hydraulic hoses.

I can take more pics if you would like me too. Let me know what you want to see.

/ 4940C extendable lifting arms #4  
Texasgreen said:
The Kubota M5000 lifting arms and sway bar kit set me back $730.00. One arm alone is $315.00, and the sway bar kit is around $100.00. It may seem like a lot of money but, it’s well worth it. Also, the Kubota lifting arm ends are cat-2. The Kubota ball ends are larger then the cat-1 arms that came stock on my Montana. I did have to cut the saw bars off by 2” so the lifting arms would swing open wider.

The bracket I made for the FEL hydraulic hose connections is nothing more than a piece of 2x2x1/4” angle that I cut 9” long and cut one end off at a 15 degree angle. Then I welded it on the FEL bracket 2" below the loader pin. I can pull the loader pin out just fine and the loader will come off the tractor with no clearance problems. There is plenty of clearance between the hose connections and the tire. I did have to also buy the fittings and have some hoses made for this set up. That set me back around $130.00.It was worth it to me. Now, I don’t have to lay on my back to hook/unhook the FEL hydraulic hoses.

I can take more pics if you would like me too. Let me know what you want to see.
thank you for sharing those prices with us. I think that I might try the pats ? quick attach I have read a lot of good things about it and it is a lot cheaper. I like the way you have your hydraulic connection mounted for the FEL Mine is the same way as far as being able to reach them you just have access to the one pin limited. Since I wont be taking my FEL off on any kind of regular basis I will stay with the one I have.