Company troubles?

/ Company troubles? #1  

wfphay

A rumor is floating around my area (Dallas, Tx) that Montana is getting out of the tractor business. Anyone know for sure? The two nearest dealers to me have pulled out of Montana tractor siting "Coorporate problems."

Does anyone have 500 plus hours on a 5720 or 5740? how is it holding up?

Thanks, WFP

/ Company troubles? #2  
wfphay said:
A rumor is floating around my area (Dallas, Tx) that Montana is getting out of the tractor business. Anyone know for sure? The two nearest dealers to me have pulled out of Montana tractor siting "Coorporate problems."
I have not heard any of those rumors.

My local Montana dealer quit selling the Montana brand about a month ago. He had the brand for a little over 1 year and only sold 1 or 2 tractors.

But that said, Montana has been advertising their tractors pretty heavily in country life type magazines. You wouldn't think a company that is going out of business would continue to advertise. There were some rumors about TYM and Montana getting together about 6 months ago, but I think those were debunked by members here on TBN.

/ Company troubles? #5  
What about the law suit filled in Arkansas last year?

With the LS sourced tractors now being available from no less than 5 different brand in the US,you have to wonder how much market share is there for them?

/ Company troubles? #6  
Woodbeef said:
What about the law suit filled in Arkansas last year?

With the LS sourced tractors now being available from no less than 5 different brand in the US,you have to wonder how much market share is there for them?
Woodbeef, I tend agree with you but what are the 5 you speak of. Montana, Farmtrac, McCormick, Landini and Tafe? I know that is five but I thought I heard (unconfirmed) the Tafe would no longer be bringing in the LG/LS tractors and although I understand McCormick has announced they will expand to the US (now available in Canada) the LG/LS tractors I just assumed Landinin would follow suit. (Since they own McCormick). I could see this coming down to who gives the best service (distributor, dealer) and who has the highest quality/strongest dealer network. After all, all tractors are mechanical, built by people and you can be sure sooner or later they will brake down. My the best team win!

/ Company troubles? #7  
SPRINGDALE, AR (March 21, 2007) The Board of Directors of Montana Tractors, today announced that Rodney Miller had submitted his resignation as the company’s Chief Executive Officer.

The company stated that no replacement will be named at this time. The responsibilities associated with Mr. Miller’s former position will now fall under Ted Wade, Vice-Chairman and Co-Owner of the company. Wade was named the Vice-Chairman in February at the time of his ownership purchase in Montana Tractors. In naming Wade the board recognized his contribution as the company’s Chief Operating Officer during the past year. Prior to joining Montana Tractors in April 2005, Wade amassed 25 years of operations and logistics management expertise at Wal-Mart and J.B. Hunt Transport.

In commenting on the leadership changes, Bryan Hunt, Montana Tractors co-owner said: “Rodney’s heart, energy and passion for the tractor business has been vital in getting this company off the ground. He made an incredible contribution to Montana Tractors and he deserves a lot of credit for the amazing growth we’ve experienced thus far.”

“Ted’s a seasoned professional when it comes to helping organizations manage fast growth. His experience at Wal-Mart, J.B. Hunt and most recently, here at Montana Tractors, makes him the natural leader as we enter this next phase of our business.”

“I have great respect for the ownership and leadership of Montana Tractors,” Miller said.
“Montana Tractors is a terrific organization and it has a world of potential. I’m leaving Montana in very capable hands of people I respect and consider great friends. While we experienced an incredible start, I need some time to relax and am really looking forward to exploring some other things I want to do.”

Montana Tractors also announced the following promotions and organizational changes:

1) Tom Patterson to Vice-President of Marketing & Sales, with the creation of two new Regional Sales Director positions, one for the Eastern one-half of the U.S, and the other for the Western one-half. These positions will report directly to Mr. Patterson. Wade stated “our goal is to get more support down to the dealer level in supporting their ability to retail tractors. The new candidates for these positions will have a strong background in dealer management & retail sales.”

2) Bob Goltz to Vice-President of Operations. “Bob has been a critical asset to our early successes and we wish to recognize him for his efforts. We expect to gain even more from Bob’s years of experience in the business as we continue to grow the Montana brand”, stated Wade.

3) Scott Finley to Vice-President of Supply Chain, with the areas of Procurement and Logistics now reporting to him. Wade commented, “We needed to re-organize here to better utilize the talents and previous experience of our personnel on hand. Scott has done a remarkable job for us and will now help us to move even farther in establishing a first class supply chain operation”.

About Montana Tractors

Montana Tractors is a privately-held corporation based in Springdale, Arkansas. It is the fastest growing brand of compact and utility tractors with models ranging from 23- to 70-horsepower. The company currently employs approximately 70 personnel and assembles product at their plant in Springdale. Montana Tractors has a distribution network of over 300 dealers in North America.

I hope this helps to clear the air and I fail to see anything above that points to company troubles?????

Lots of people resign from jobs for lots of different reasons. I have spent time with every member of Montana's management as well as their owners group and I can tell you first hand that they are a very tightly knit hard working group of people. Some people like to create and that is how I look at Rodney Miller. He simply moved on to a new challange at a different company that needs a great mind like his.

Ken