how many mtd 990 owner lets talk

/ how many mtd 990 owner lets talk
:)hi guy well i'm starting a new project so how about comming over my new theard and updating your project 990's here some pitures of my past one's:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 3 (Small).png
    3 (Small).png
    829.7 KB · Views: 3,674
  • 8 (Small).png
    8 (Small).png
    838.1 KB · Views: 3,426
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,964
   / how many mtd 990 owner lets talk #12  
Hello,
I guess I need some help or information. My brother in law gave me a mtd 990. It's a 16 hp hydrostatic. It seems like a tank of an old tractor. I guess when he got it....his Dad needed the tiller attachment. Not sure what happened to it. I got the the bare tractor and am trying to see if I can bring it back from the dead. Does anyone know where a manual can be found or parts list anywhere? I only got the tractor a few days ago,so this is still all very new to me. Since I live in Maine.....I'm sure find any implement to go on this is going to be a challenge. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

/ how many mtd 990 owner lets talk
:)wecome aboard there is lots of infro online for these cool little tractor.parts are hard to find becuse they are out of production. but if you look hard enuff you can still get a lots of parts hope this we help you out and get you started

143-990 (1973) (16HP)
http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/D...c=770-4153.pdf
143-990 3-Pt hitch supplement: ps don't for get to post some picture :thumbsup:

/ how many mtd 990 owner lets talk #14  
I have a 1976 Farm King 990. Do you know anywhere i can find 2 rims for the rear?

/ how many mtd 990 owner lets talk #15  
Well, I have six of them so far. Parts are out there, so are other forums that cater to the MTD 990 series. When I can, I will start restoration processes on some of them. When you find one, try to buy it. Evaluate the purchase for your own needs (parts) and you can always sell off what you don't need to someone who needs a part. Currently just using my runners as is. Time to set up for snow plowing is approaching. Us 990 fans here in Michigan are pretty close in contact when trouble occurs to one of our machines.

/ how many mtd 990 owner lets talk #16  
hey guys im new to the sight I have two mtd 990s one runs and has a bucket,snow plow,drag plow,grade plow for rear,and some sort of rake for the rear also have forks that pin on instead of the bucket will post pictures soon

/ how many mtd 990 owner lets talk #17  
Hello guys,
MDS49201 here. I have a MTD 990 also , since I believe 1978. But I haven't had it running in a few years , do to health problems.
It needed a set of points & condenser the last I had it Running . I know it needs a set of rings also. ( smokes out exhaust ) . Not
sure what I going to do with it. Got to many tractors now. That thing has tilled a lot land ,pulled out a lot of snow plus a lot more .
Broke a part on it so not able to use the 3 point hitch anymore. I lived in Mich. most of my life but now in the mountains of TN. I'll
get a picture or two and post them if I can find them.

/ how many mtd 990 owner lets talk #18  
Hello all you 990 guys. I have had one for about a year now. I got one major question. Are all of your tractors slow. Mine has been topped out at. 3-4mph maybe. Is there anything i can do to speed it up besides big tires??

/ how many mtd 990 owner lets talk #19  
Hi!,
New to the site. recently picked up this 1500. Is this considered a 990? I have a few things to learn about them. Seems like a well built tractor. I have some electrical issues to work out. Someone did a number on the wiring and giving me trouble.(no spark). Looking forward to using it.
Thanks for any help or info

/ how many mtd 990 owner lets talk #20  
Adding to the 990 thread....I picked this one up recently, runs and drives well, it's a 1971 (14hp).......I also got a 1973 960 this last week.

IMG_0421.jpg IMG_0425.jpg