Troy Bilt Bronco/ MTD

/ Troy Bilt Bronco/ MTD #1  

gilbertson

Tractor
Satoh
I should have done my home work before I bought this but thinking Troybilt was a good brand and never thinking it would be made by MTD.....

I purchased this lawn tractor on May 12th 2010 used it 6 times and went out and it would only go 1/2 speed. Hace a variable pulley system the more you push on the peddal the faster it goes.

Call the service number and of course they can't tell you anything, now they want me to take it to a MTD service center.

I can find anything wrong with it other than the blet is loose. I wonder if it could have stretched far enough to slow the unit down.

Vern

/ Troy Bilt Bronco/ MTD #2  
Hey, Vern, I have a TB Pony (size smaller than yours, about 4 years old now) and I experienced a similar problem recently as I began to loose momentum on inclines and in lower gears. I replaced the drive belts and good as new again. It's a 2-3 hour job depending upon how mechanically adept you are, have the tools to do it, and as well the patience to spend on it. It's easiest to simply remove the seat/battery/fender/seating deck and attack from the top.

Mine's been a real good one so far and it gets used quite a bit. A mower that new should not have excessive belt wear unless they're somehow installed incorrectly or, and we know this happens, TB just got a bad batch of belts.

/ Troy Bilt Bronco/ MTD #3  
Boy,mtd made money off that name though,didn't they,kinda like when the name jeep was bought.:D

/ Troy Bilt Bronco/ MTD
The part needed is 15 to 20 days back ordered so I took the mower back to Lowes and they were very nice about taking it back. Ended up buying a Husqvarna.