Growling blade spindles -- A very easy repair.

/ Growling blade spindles -- A very easy repair. #1  

SARG

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH T1030- NH T1530 - 49G Brockway
I kick myself in the butt for spending almost $150 on three spindles a few years ago for one of the Yardman tractor decks ............when all you really need do is replace the two dollar bearings ..... and the bearings used are very common .... the 6204-2RS bearing fits dozens of machines.

And it turned out to be a very easy job taking less than an hour to complete. I'm so pleased with the project I've ordered a dozen more bearings to update two other decks. You don't realize how noisy they get until you replace the bearings and they "hum" again.

/ Growling blade spindles -- A very easy repair. #2  
I kick myself in the butt for spending almost $150 on three spindles a few years ago for one of the Yardman tractor decks ............when all you really need do is replace the two dollar bearings ..... and the bearings used are very common .... the 6204-2RS bearing fits dozens of machines.

And it turned out to be a very easy job taking less than an hour to complete. I'm so pleased with the project I've ordered a dozen more bearings to update two other decks. You don't realize how noisy they get until you replace the bearings and they "hum" again.
----------------------------------------------------------------
It's easy to tell when you've done good. You can hear the engine again.:D

/ Growling blade spindles -- A very easy repair. #3  
timewise its less than an hour to do the complete spindle mine was worn so bad it just fell out but it only happened to 1 side the other is fine