Murray or MTD

/ Murray or MTD #1  

scottee01

Tractor
murray rider
Hey folks I am new to site, but I have a question bout my Murray riding mower. I am trying to find a bagger for my mower, it is a Murray which I have had for about 7 years, bought it new. I seem to recall reading something that said MTD had bought out Murray. I need to know if this is true so I know what I am looking for. Thanx for any help, and I will be talking to youall soon, Thanx, Scott

/ Murray or MTD #2  
MTD did not buy out Murray, Briggs & Stratton did, I believe in 2004. I dont think that Murray exists anymore (as far as making equipment goes) - Walmart used to sell them and now they sell MTD (yardman) like everyone else. Kind of sad because Murray made better tractors overall.

/ Murray or MTD #3  
murray is back now, and are for sale again at walmart. they now have them in a ztr also.
david

/ Murray or MTD #4  
murray is back now, and are for sale again at walmart. they now have them in a ztr also.
david

They are MTD under the Murray name. The parts for the original Murray are still through Briggs and Stratton/ Murray.

/ Murray or MTD #6  
I was confused by these myself as i bought a Murray gas trimmer two years ago on the plastic cover it says murray under the registration for the extended warranty i got it comes up as MTD

/ Murray or MTD #7  
Google MTD and see all the brands they make. It will surprise you that not many out there that are not made by MTD.