Oil Spewing MTD Yardman

/ Oil Spewing MTD Yardman #1  

VRod

Tractor
Ford 9N, Yard Machine, Ford
I've had my tractor for about 14 years and I have taken good care of it, have had to change some things but fortunatley nothing major. This time around when I was getting my stuff ready for the spring work, I got it ready, got gas in it, checked the oil, battery..all was good but when I got it started, in about 30 seconds I had oil spewing out of the vent tube ( I had the air filter cover off...) ; so naturally I shut it off, cleaned everything, did a few checks and dummy me, started it again and it happened again, I admit, that was stupid. Now, when I checked the oil, it looks like there is gasoline in it.

Need some help !

V

/ Oil Spewing MTD Yardman #2  
Not sure on your machine but I have a new trobuilt ride on and theres an electric solinoid of some sort that stops the gas flow when its off. I think mine stuck one winter as a few months in there was gas coming out the intake.It had filled the crankcase with gas. But when I checked the oil the gas didnt show up although it was there.
Hope its something simple like this...Good Luck..

/ Oil Spewing MTD Yardman
Thanks, I will definitely check on that one.

V

/ Oil Spewing MTD Yardman #4  
Follow your fuel line going to the engine. It probably goes into a fuel pump that works off of changing crankcase pressure. If the diaphragm inside the pump is cracked, it can pump gas right into the crankcase.

/ Oil Spewing MTD Yardman #5  
Don't know if he has the fuel pump or not. If he does it is a small possibility. most likely a leaking needle valve in the carb.