Runs for a few minutes...

/ Runs for a few minutes...
Should have read more closely.

Trying some seafoam before surgery.

I'll be back.

Fixemall - What is the 20hp nightmare?

/ Runs for a few minutes... #12  
Yardman 42" lawn tractor w 20HP Intek ( 13at604g755).

Started having problems running after sitting so I thought it wa swater/condensation in the gas but now I'm not so sure.

Starts up and runs well and mows for about 3-4 minutes and then loses power and sputters.
After sitting it will repeat the process.

Fuel filter seems oK.

Carb Problem? before I get into that I'm looking for inputs.

Thanks in advance.

sounds like classic fuel starvation from a sticky float needle, or other fuel obstruction.

if fuel line to carb flows good, then look at that float / needle.

soundguy

/ Runs for a few minutes... #13  
Thanks MWB, I also mentioned the float may be stuck in the almost closed position. The solenoid is easy enough to check. Simply cut the fuel off from the gas tank and remove the solenoid. Make sure there is no gas around to ignite. Drain the tank and carb. if you have to. If you have another 12 volt battery you can use it. Just hook a hot wire to the post on the solenoid and touch the base of the solenoid to the negative side of the battery. The plunger should pop in and out as you touch it to the negative post. If not you have a bad solenoid. If it doesnt work ,try spraying carb. cleaner in it and keep working it in and out. zman

/ Runs for a few minutes... #14  
Should have read more closely.

Trying some seafoam before surgery.

I'll be back.

Fixemall - What is the 20hp nightmare?

Seafoam may help, 20 hp nightmare was just my pet name for the Intek series, I am not a fan of them but I should be due to their frequent problems.

/ Runs for a few minutes... #15  
I had a similar problem with my mower engine a few years back. The float arm that was held in place at the metal pin had broke.