Building a Snow Plow :)

/ Building a Snow Plow :)
It is visually impressive, you do nice finish work. My concern is what is to keep the bottom of the plow from being pulled under the mount where the hinges pivot?

Hey Mike, Thank you for the compliment ;)

I took 2 pix closed up so you can see. I'm thinking putting another 2"x4"x24" so it can hit the Bracket when it hit snow. Right now it's only like 1" hitting the Bracket. I tried it by pushing in Front of the Plow and the Tractor moved, it didn't go under at all, but yah, anything can happen right?

One of the Pix is lifted a bit so you can see the different. Maybe you got other Ideas??? I'm all ears...:D:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_0216.JPG
    100_0216.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 100_0217.JPG
    100_0217.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 316
   / Building a Snow Plow :) #22  
On the attached picture I added a red section. I would put a piece of wood there attached to the metal bracket so the plow rests against it when down. Shape it so it matches the angle. The bottom part of the plow will get loaded up, without something for the pressure to be dispersed to I think your wood will fail at the bottom.

Attachments

• plow.jpg
    plow.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 299
On the attached picture I added a red section. I would put a piece of wood there attached to the metal bracket so the plow rests against it when down. Shape it so it matches the angle. The bottom part of the plow will get loaded up, without something for the pressure to be dispersed to I think your wood will fail at the bottom.

Hi Mike,

Yes, that is the Location where I was going to put the 2x4x24. You read my mind, thank you!

Did you get any snow few days ago? I didn't get much, just dust then wet, then rain.

What town are you in NH may i ask?

thankx for the input again!:D

/ Building a Snow Plow :) #24  
:thumbsup: Interesting build. Snow might want to stick to the wood. Just a thought. If you can get a 55 gal plastic syrup barrel and cut it lengthwise and use that as the blade. would be lighter than the wood, and snow wouldn't be as likely to stick.

:thumbsup: Interesting build. Snow might want to stick to the wood. Just a thought. If you can get a 55 gal plastic syrup barrel and cut it lengthwise and use that as the blade. would be lighter than the wood, and snow wouldn't be as likely to stick.

You didn't look in the front :(

:confused2:

/ Building a Snow Plow :) #26  
Hi Mike,

Yes, that is the Location where I was going to put the 2x4x24. You read my mind, thank you!

Did you get any snow few days ago? I didn't get much, just dust then wet, then rain.

What town are you in NH may i ask?

thankx for the input again!:D

We got a bit of snow, just enough to look nice in the trees. Man was it cold this weekend though. I live near Nashua, I try not to give too much detail in such a public place. ;)

We got a bit of snow, just enough to look nice in the trees. Man was it cold this weekend though. I live near Nashua, I try not to give too much detail in such a public place. ;)

:D LOL. Yah, it's COLD still LOL

Oh, pretty close then. Hmmmmm, what are you affraid of? Even if you tell them the Town, how the **** they gonna find you. I live in Haverhill, MA try to find me, LMAO

Even if anyone try to find me, what are they gonna get? If I don't like them, they might get a good old shoe up their *** LMAO. :D:cool2:

/ Building a Snow Plow :) #28  
:D LOL. Yah, it's COLD still LOL

Oh, pretty close then. Hmmmmm, what are you affraid of? Even if you tell them the Town, how the **** they gonna find you. I live in Haverhill, MA try to find me, LMAO

Even if anyone try to find me, what are they gonna get? If I don't like them, they might get a good old shoe up their *** LMAO. :D:cool2:

Ha ha. I try to limit what I put on the web, I have a family to watch out for. My 2 dogs are good at watching out for them too, scare the crap out of the delivery people. :D

/ Building a Snow Plow :) #29  
I am impressed. That looks great I just hope that it holds up for you, but either way it was just time. On a side note with being i.deed; I think it is a good thing to remain obscure until you build some kind of relationship with an individual and that is subjective. With that said photos may end up being your Achilles heel. because I recognize that tractor, lol. Especially that custom snow plow; now all I have to do is find it. Great job and thanks for sharing- I wish I was that talented.

I am impressed. That looks great I just hope that it holds up for you, but either way it was just time. On a side note with being i.deed; I think it is a good thing to remain obscure until you build some kind of relationship with an individual and that is subjective. With that said photos may end up being your Achilles heel. because I recognize that tractor, lol. Especially that custom snow plow; now all I have to do is find it. Great job and thanks for sharing- I wish I was that talented.

Awe, thanks Zork ;)

" I wish I was that talented "
LOL, I don't think it's Talent, I think it's Dedications... Hmmm, maybe I am and I don't know it, LOL.

Although I do have Talent in other department, like Poker... What if I tell you that I found a Formular for Poker? Oh, trust me, you will know me when the Book come out ;) I will make sure to Blow up a picture of my Custom Plow so people will recognized who I am when they come for my Book Signing . LOL

Anyway, here is an update Photos for the Plow after 1 usage!

:(:(:(

I def needed a Metal Blade and Snow Shoes, which I never got a chance to do it. Although the Garden Fiber Divider / Garden Edge thingy can't really hold up that good, LOL. Well it's FREE after all so I can't really complain and I have 4 more of those so I'm gofnna use them until they are gone then go buy a peice of Metal for the Blade. The Winch was helpful because lifting was easy and a snap.

Everything else was AOK with about 45 Mins. of usage. Things holding up pretty good, especially I had to Plow the side walk it's like 1 Path of about 48" X 200' long.

Attachments

• 100_0218.JPG
    100_0218.JPG
    374.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_0219.JPG
    100_0219.JPG
    428.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_0220.JPG
    100_0220.JPG
    391.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_0221.JPG
    100_0221.JPG