murrey is back

/ murrey is back #1  

the6shooter

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 1643
Has anyone noticed that the Murrey name is back at walmart ?
Here at my local walmart, they have red murrey riding mowers.
But I am sure they are not the murrey of the past. I have one that still runs and works. Bought it new in 1987, some of them were built to last.
david

/ murrey is back
yes they are...., guess i'll have to go to walmart and get a picture. they seem to have a better looking red color too...
david

/ murrey is back #4  
Take it from a Murray, MTD service center, the only thing that is Murray on the new ones at Walmart is the name. They are made by MTD and are a
MTD product identical to the Yard Machine not a Murray product.

/ murrey is back
Please go to murry.com for further info. MTD is what murry had to go to after the takeover to Briggs&straten, Murry got into deep on the credit side of B&S.
the courts the name change. Sorry but I used to work for murry many yrs. ago. and lost alot of stock because of it. And I still have a murrey, that's 26 yrs. old, and still runs.
Anyway I don't track murrey anymore could care less who owns them, Just hope is an American Co.
david

/ murrey is back
sorry for the mis spelling worked all day, didn't want to argue
david

/ murrey is back #7  
Please go to murry.com for further info. MTD is what murry had to go to after the takeover to Briggs&straten, Murry got into deep on the credit side of B&S.
the courts the name change. Sorry but I used to work for murry many yrs. ago. and lost alot of stock because of it. And I still have a murrey, that's 26 yrs. old, and still runs.
Anyway I don't track murrey anymore could care less who owns them, Just hope is an American Co.
david

I bought a Used MTD 1996 in November, my main goal is to use it for Snow Plow / Blower on my two properties. The guy took good care of it, i'm the 2nd Owner, so far it's GREAT for 1996 and for $225.00 it has B&S Engine.

Before I do anything to it, like using it.... Even though it was well taken care of. I lubed every Nooks and Crannies... Now it works like a Charm, less than 5 secs start up cold... Even the Wheels roll on by itself if I'm not careful on my little Hill, LOL

A Buddy's Sister asked me the other day.... " I bought my Mower like 2 years ago and it's a John Deere. Mine doesn't RUN or DRIVE Smooth like yours... " Hmmmmm... I wonder why??? You beat it all up, leaving it outside, doesn't clean it after usage, like the Grass... Doesn't take care of Oil, Lube everything else....

I said " Try that with your Arse and your Mouth and see what happen... "

People who don't take care of their Toys... Pays.. Simple huh?

I ain't paying for nothing, that's why I take care of mine!

Oh, don't worry about your Spellings... We are NOT in the Spelling Bee :)

:D

Last edited: