Husqvarna YTH24K48 or Cub Cadet LTX1050 KH

/ Husqvarna YTH24K48 or Cub Cadet LTX1050 KH #1  

Bamaram

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 4000
I didn't see a Cub Cadet tab in the Forums list, so I figured I'd post this here since MTD makes Cub Cadet. I'm trying to decide between the two lawn mowers above. Both have the exact same engine. Price is exactly the same as well. The Husky has a top speed of 7mph while the Cub has top speed of 5.5 mph. Speed isn't huge to me though. The cub has a turning radius of 12" while the Husky has a turning radius of 16". The Husky has an "armored deck" though I don't know what gauge steel it is while the Cub has 12 gauges stell deck. The Cub is a 50" cut while the Husky is a 48". The Husky has a metal hood while the Cub's is plastic. Most everything else is exactly the same. Both have Electric PTOs, deck wash ports, and Kevlar belts. Does anyone have any further insight on the mowers that may help me make a decision? Any help is appreciated!

SORRY!! Found the Cub Cadet Lawn and Garden Section! Mods please delete this thread!

Last edited:
   / Husqvarna YTH24K48 or Cub Cadet LTX1050 KH #2  
I didn't see a Cub Cadet tab in the Forums list, so I figured I'd post this here since MTD makes Cub Cadet. I'm trying to decide between the two lawn mowers above. Both have the exact same engine. Price is exactly the same as well. The Husky has a top speed of 7mph while the Cub has top speed of 5.5 mph. Speed isn't huge to me though. The cub has a turning radius of 12" while the Husky has a turning radius of 16". The Husky has an "armored deck" though I don't know what gauge steel it is while the Cub has 12 gauges stell deck. The Cub is a 50" cut while the Husky is a 48". The Husky has a metal hood while the Cub's is plastic. Most everything else is exactly the same. Both have Electric PTOs, deck wash ports, and Kevlar belts. Does anyone have any further insight on the mowers that may help me make a decision? Any help is appreciated!

SORRY!! Found the Cub Cadet Lawn and Garden Section! Mods please delete this thread!
Cub Cadet is built by MTD.
American Yard Products makes Husqvarna.