New to me Huskee (MTD) LT4600 won't cut

/ New to me Huskee (MTD) LT4600 won't cut #1  

jsyd

Tractor
Huskee lt 2600
Hi I am new to the forum and wanted to ask a question or two. I just bought a used Huskee lt2600 with a Kohler 19 hp motor. The tractor runs great but did (does) not cut in the center (especially in tall grass.) I decided that because of the conditions of the belts that the belts were the culprit and changed both deck belts and both drive belts. I manged to get everything off and on and everything is back and runs well. Both deck belts seem slightly more loose than I would like. Now the deal is that the two outside blades still cut well. The middle blade still does not (better, but not well.) I am now thinking of changing all three blades (they are not in terrible shape, but have some really big nicks in them. I am not convinced that this will solve my problem, because all of the blades appear to be worn pretty evenly. Although it appears to me from the way the lower belt on the deck is routed that the center blade would be most likely to slip if any of the blades were to have resistance due to being dull. Now the questions. ;)

1. Does it seem most likely that the blades need changing. (I have spent around $100 bucks on belts and would love to get it right this time.)
2. How likely does it seem the belt tensioner spring might be the culprit (it seems to me to have plenty of spring to it.)
3. I am using the OEM belt so I am sure it is the right size, but should I consider an inch smaller belt.

My feeling is that the blade change will do it, but I am wondering if any others have had a similar experience.

Thanks for any info.

Jim

/ New to me Huskee (MTD) LT4600 won't cut #2  
If the deck isn't leveled correctly can effect mowing performance. If the blades are not that worn, could be the problem, I would try sharpening and see what happens. It seems that the belts on some of the MTD's should run tighter than what they do. Is the belt routed correcty. I have seen cases where the belt was installed incorrectly, but will look correct, due to the tension being about right. Post the actually model number, from under the seat, if you can read it. It could be someplace else in the tractor, but under the seat is the most likely location. Should start with a 13 or 14, that way I can look up the model on the MTD site, and see what you are looking at.

/ New to me Huskee (MTD) LT4600 won't cut #3  
Welcome from Ohio, change blades and level deck.

/ New to me Huskee (MTD) LT4600 won't cut
Hi, Thanks for the response.

The model no is 13AX775H. I have double checked the lower belt several times using a couple of different schematics including the one from the owners manual I down loaded from the MTD website. I did go back out and mow some more and noticed if the deck is on the higher setting 4 or 5 it mows pretty evenly but still seems to "bend" the grass in the middle if the grass is a little high. I think the blades could be changed. I don't know the procedure for leveling the deck.

I also did seem to get the motor to deck belt put on incorrectly, there is a shoulder bolt with a spacer on it that I think I got the belt on the wrong side of that. I am not sure, all I know is that all the other belts look great and that one spun off. The old one is the exact same size, and was staying on so I must have gotten the routing a little wrong. All of the diagrams I have looked at are very apparent how the belt goes around the pulley's so I am pretty sure I got that right, but I am not sure I got the routing around that shoulder bolt correct.

I think all in all the mower is really good shape, but I think when I actually get time, taking the deck off and cleaning and greasing everything on the deck would be good as well.

Hate that I screwed up the belt....now I gotta go get a another one. Thanks for the info

/ New to me Huskee (MTD) LT4600 won't cut #5  
I have seen mower decks where they have like a skid plate under the front of the deck, and in heavy grass, the blade can't suck in back up in time to cut it after coming out from under the plate.