troy built with briggs moter no run

/ troy built with briggs moter no run #1  

sam5570

Veteran Member
Tractor
new holland tn70
well my neighbor has this troy built push mower came from lowes refurbished no warrenty. the spring you see was wraped aroud the kill switch that stops the fly wheel. it has fire and gas the first crank it tries to run but quits. he was mowing and it just quit and has not ran sence. DSC00472.jpg

/ troy built with briggs moter no run #2  
Does it have a primer bulb? If it does my junky push mower will do the same. If you pull, it stutters and dies try to pump the bulb real quick and see if you can keep it running for a bit like that. Pump it pull it, when it starts quickly give it a pump if it's about to die. If it rumbles up and starts to die do it again. I run into it a few times a year on my junker carb kit is worth more than mower. If you can sustain it running off the primer you probably need a carb kit. Mine just acts like it won't prime up sometimes but after I help it start running and it warms up, it runs and mows fine.

/ troy built with briggs moter no run
Does it have a primer bulb? If it does my junky push mower will do the same. If you pull, it stutters and dies try to pump the bulb real quick and see if you can keep it running for a bit like that. Pump it pull it, when it starts quickly give it a pump if it's about to die. If it rumbles up and starts to die do it again. I run into it a few times a year on my junker carb kit is worth more than mower. If you can sustain it running off the primer you probably need a carb kit. Mine just acts like it won't prime up sometimes but after I help it start running and it warms up, it runs and mows fine.
well i have sence figured out it's a fuel problem but it's a 2012 model it has no primer don't even have a fuel control or gas feed on the handle. i took plastic carb apart has a float and needle seat the only 2 parts that are removable. as long as you spray gas in carb it will run. and the float and needle seat are ok.

/ troy built with briggs moter no run #4  
More than likely a plugged up mainjet circuit

More than likely a plugged up mainjet circuit
DFB your dead on took carb apart blowed out inside cleaned the setement bowl and run's good now. i did learn that the screen in the tank has larger holes than the jet in carb has so this may happen quite often. the gas line is very short but there is room barley room to put filter but i did it so hopfully it won't happen often.

/ troy built with briggs moter no run #6  
Glad you figured it out. 2012s are too new for me they havnt trickled down to me just yet. What's the world coming too... taking all the fun out of carbs :D

Glad you figured it out. 2012s are too new for me they havnt trickled down to me just yet. What's the world coming too... taking all the fun out of carbs :D
yeah they look so cheap no bolts holding carb on it just has oring and slides up on base, all plastic. the carb only has 2 parts that you can remove [ the float and seat valve].