Huskee broken rear axle - replacement?

/ Huskee broken rear axle - replacement? #1  

four_by_ken

Something new has come up... somehow the left side axle has broken on my MTD/Huskee 54 inch cut Supreme Garden Tractor. The MTD part number is 13AP625K730.

I have been searching and cant seem to find a part number to buy a new one or any kind of repair manual that would include how to replace.

Do I have to tear apart the rear end to get the broken piece out? Like a c-clip axle in a car/pickup?

/ Huskee broken rear axle - replacement? #2  
Since MTD doesn't make the tranny, will need the numbers off the tranny to find out what you have, to look up parts.

/ Huskee broken rear axle - replacement?
Darn, I was staring at that sticker last night too and forgot to take a picture.

/ Huskee broken rear axle - replacement? #4  
Something new has come up... somehow the left side axle has broken on my MTD/Huskee 54 inch cut Supreme Garden Tractor. The MTD part number is 13AP625K730.

I have been searching and cant seem to find a part number to buy a new one or any kind of repair manual that would include how to replace.

Do I have to tear apart the rear end to get the broken piece out? Like a c-clip axle in a car/pickup?

If your tractor has the hydrostatic tranny like my 42" Huskee, it's made by Eaton, IIRC.

Yes, it is hydrostatic.

Its made by Hydro-Gear

618-04270A
317-0610
7066M20104

Now to find a part and how the heck to get the old axle out!

/ Huskee broken rear axle - replacement? #7  
Google : hydro Gear.
go to their web site and look for parts and service

/ Huskee broken rear axle - replacement? #8  
Hydro Gear Part # 51078, There is a spiral clip that holds the axle in place. Have to tear down to remove.