Mtd 18/42 mower deck help

/ Mtd 18/42 mower deck help #1  

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
I am having trouble adjusting the mower deck to keep it "floating". It will lift on the right side and get hung there until I stomp it back down. Is there any way I should be adjusting the four corners so it doesn't hang up? I have messed with it a little but it still does it. I don't see any parts by themselves that are binding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
dave

/ Mtd 18/42 mower deck help #2  
If this is the mower that engages the deck as you lower it with the one lever, If the belt is too long it will cause it to hang up, and not lower smoothly. I usually have to stomp them down to change the belt if it is broke, or too long.

/ Mtd 18/42 mower deck help
Randy, thanks for getting back to me. It does engage as you lift the lever but not the height lever. It hangs up hard to the point I have to stomp it down. Seems random. One of these days I will take it in the shop and lift it up and examine it closer (summer will probably be over before I get to that..LOL)
thanks,
dave

/ Mtd 18/42 mower deck help #4  
If the lift links are bent they can bind on the frame and also prevent the deck from lowering correctly. Sometimes it doesn't take much to throw things out of kilter.