DEAD Yard Machines 15.5HP Mower

/ DEAD Yard Machines 15.5HP Mower #1  

sos1

Bronze Member
This mower will not crank (has a new battery and new ignition switch) I checked the 20 amp fuse,
safety switches for seat, FNR shift, park brake, PTO. I took the starter solenoid
out and checked it. What have I missed??????????????????

/ DEAD Yard Machines 15.5HP Mower #2  
Are you getting power at the small wire on the solenoid when you turn the key to start?

/ DEAD Yard Machines 15.5HP Mower
I'll check

/ DEAD Yard Machines 15.5HP Mower #4  
What would help would be the model number of the engine. IF this is an overhead valve B&S engine, valve adjustment is a very common cause of this. I can send you detailed Instructions for adjusting them IF you like. Address below, put in proper format and remind me, engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

No power on small wire at solenoid

/ DEAD Yard Machines 15.5HP Mower #6  
No power on small wire at solenoid

When the key is in the Start position?

Use a small jumper to jump from the terminal on the starter solenoid where the cable from the battery connects to the small terminal IF the starter turns over normally, you will know the problem is in the Safety switch circuit or ignition switch.

Walt Conner

I did that and it started. The ignition switch is new. Any hints on which switch it could be?
Thanks!!!

/ DEAD Yard Machines 15.5HP Mower #8  
There's usually a few safety switches. Under the seat, at the blade engagement lever and on the foot pedal. Could be more.

/ DEAD Yard Machines 15.5HP Mower #9  
The help you get here is great.