Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1

/ Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
I don稚 see many differences between the Troy bilt super bronco and the Cub xt1. What痴 the advantage of one over the other

/ Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #2  
Well, they both are MTD products. You may want to be specific on the models as I think both are available with different decks.

/ Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #3  
Normally you pay more for the Cub Cadet name for the same product.

/ Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #4  
Which color do you like better?

/ Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #5  
Going through the same thing. It appears that the only difference is the hood design and color. Wish me luck... I'll go with the Troybilt Super Bronco.

/ Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #6  
Used it for the first time yesterday and was impressed how quickly I did my yard. From a 42 to 50 makes a big difference... got done in about half the time!!

/ Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #7  
Good choice glad your happy. Cub Cadet in my opinion is nothing more than a name brand of yellow and black. They force people into the impression of having to use cub cadets own brands of expensive fluids and parts or destruction of the machine and warranty void will happen. No difference if its a rider, weed whacker or a compact tractor chances are that some other company made the basic product and Cub Cadet put there colors on it. They do have great customer service at the company level I can say over the others and is an important factor for some like me. Bottom line would be if you want the extra expense for the company support over the product or do you feel comfortable with who you purchased it from to stand behind it.

Last edited:
   / Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #8  
Good choice glad your happy. Cub Cadet in my opinion is nothing more than a name brand of yellow and black. They force people into the impression of having to use cub cadets own brands of expensive fluids and parts or destruction of the machine and warranty void will happen. No difference if its a rider, weed whacker or a compact tractor chances are that some other company made the basic product and Cub Cadet put there colors on it. They do have great customer service at the company level I can say over the others and is an important factor for some like me. Bottom line would be if you want the extra expense for the company support over the product or do you feel comfortable with who you purchased it from to stand behind it.
Hopefully Troy bilt has a similar CS department if I ever need it.

/ Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #9  
I bought a Troy Bilt 50” mower 5 yrs ago as I wanted the Koehler Courage motor. I have been quite pleased with it and would buy it again.

/ Troy Bilt vs Cub Cadet XT1 #10  
Nice ... the engine in the one I got is a Koehler but not the Courage. I did use it a second time , this time with a bagger in wet grass. Much to my surprise it performed unbelievably! It cuts my mowing time by 1/3! It does make a mess flushing the deck with water , but that's to be expected. I'm very pleased with my purchase. I
I'll keep posting as time goes on.