New Holland 570 Baler Pricing

/ New Holland 570 Baler Pricing #1  

pengs68

Bronze Member
Tractor
FARMALL M, FORD 4600, FORD 2000
Looking at a 2005 New Holland 570 Baler with a thrower, that was baled with for two seasons. Looks clean with no noticeable damage. Going to an auction and dont want to overbid. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

/ New Holland 570 Baler Pricing #2  
if that auction is in franklin ny, i think they are asking 14 thousand and change for it now. i am going to possibly bid on the 520 case.

/ New Holland 570 Baler Pricing
Yes it is. I drove up and looked at it this weekend. I saw the 520 Case that looks like its in nice shape.

/ New Holland 570 Baler Pricing #4  
the case is made by new holland also. the 570 has a stronger driveline than the 520. i was told the 570 was used on a sixty head dairy farm. i doubt it even has 20,000 bales through it. that is not a lot. i think the 570 only needs around 62 pto hp.

Have you ever been to an auction at Catskill Tractor? Was wondering what the turnout usually is. What are they asking for the 520? I know the 570 is $14,900. 570 might be too much baler for us we only make between 6000-8000 bales a year.

/ New Holland 570 Baler Pricing #6  
yes, i have been to their auctions before. there is usually a large turnout. they are asking 16,500 for the 520 now. we do about the same amount of hay a year as you do. i put in 350 bales of third cutting sunday. it was beautiful stuff. mowed thursday tedded friday and saturday, raked and baled sunday. the 520 only needs around 35 pto hp. to run, so it isn't as high capicity as the 570. what do you bale with now? i have a jd 366 with kicker. sunday was the first time i ran it. i bought it two years ago and my younger son has always ran it. it was a lot of fun, i only missed the wagon three times until i got the hang of it.

I bale with a NH 310 on a Ford 4600 tractor. One concern I have about the 570 is running it with the 4600 as it has 52HP and the 570 is rated for 62. I eventually want to upgrade the tractor but would need to run it for a few years with the 4600. I think the Case IH baler is a little high at 16,500. I know you could probably pick up a 2008 NH 565 for around 18,500 at December left over prices.

/ New Holland 570 Baler Pricing #8  
Plumb me up here a little. When you talk of a Case 520 baler, are you refering to a Case IH 8520 square baler. If you are, aren't they built by Hesston as Hesston makes the centerline balers? If I am wrong, I will keep my Irish long nose out of it.

/ New Holland 570 Baler Pricing #9  
Plumb me up here a little. When you talk of a Case 520 baler, are you refering to a Case IH 8520 square baler. If you are, aren't they built by Hesston as Hesston makes the centerline balers? If I am wrong, I will keep my Irish long nose out of it.

It is most likely the Case-IH SBX520 baler which is a New Holland with Case-IH paint and decals. Hesston is no longer associated with Case-IH and do not build centerline balers for them anymore since New Holland bought Case-IH.

Bill, are you going to the auction Saturday? I dont think I will be able to go.