NH rake tines?

/ NH rake tines? #1  

disco

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310 & JD 4020
Hi,
I have a NH 256 rake. I'm getting tired of replacing the rubber mounted tines. Does anyone know if I can change them over to the all steel ones?
Thanks Paul

/ NH rake tines? #2  
Should be no problem you will just need the support holder NH part # 792493
And the steel tine part # 64562 Your nut and bolt that you have should be fine.

/ NH rake tines? #3  
Hi,
I have a NH 256 rake. I'm getting tired of replacing the rubber mounted tines. Does anyone know if I can change them over to the all steel ones?
Thanks Paul

Why are you losing so many?

/ NH rake tines?
It's an older rake. They are pretty worn. (like that when I bought it.) The rake works fine. The tines are all different lengths due to wear. The rubber mounts are dry rotted. Maybe it just needs all new tines?
Thanks Paul

/ NH rake tines? #6  
It's an older rake. They are pretty worn. (like that when I bought it.) The rake works fine. The tines are all different lengths due to wear. The rubber mounts are dry rotted. Maybe it just needs all new tines?
Thanks Paul

Probably, we run 3 of those and only lose a 1 or 2 a year and replace a few more than that.

/ NH rake tines?
Well I raked about 16 acres of Alfalfa this afternoon. Lost 1 tine. Had a guy stop buy and bought 150 bales of grass hay. Gonna buy new tines. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul

/ NH rake tines? #9  
If I recall the steel tines with the holders are actually cheaper then the rubber mounted tines. I am in the process of replacing my rubber tines to steel on my 256 as the rubber ones break. I like the steel tines a lot better.

/ NH rake tines?
Well alot has happened since I posted this thread,
I bought my rake from a church group that claimed the gear box had been totaly rebuilt. WRONG. Of course I found this out with 19 acres of alfalfa on the ground. Did'nt have much choice but to bring it in to a NH dealer. They let me borrow a 10 wheel rake. I liked the speed. Liked the 256 better. They saved me. Anyway had the rake totaly rebuilt. Put new tines on it when I got it back. Works GREAT now.
Thanks for all the help on buying equipment! Baled 470 bales today. Another 4-500 tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Paul