Buying a NH model 310 square baler, How much $$$$$

/ Buying a NH model 310 square baler, How much $$$$$ #1  

Marshall R

Tractor
John Deere, 4030, 4230, and 5085M
I have a fellow that I know down the road that has a New Holland 310 that he does not use. Hasn't used it since the second year after he bought it. He told me that there have been around 3000 bales of grass through it and about 1000 bales of straw through it.

I went over and looked at it and it has been under the shelter with equipment stacked all around it for several years. I turned the PTO by hand and everything is free and moving very smooth. All the gears on it look very tight.

What should I expect to pay for this older baler. It looks to be in very good condition. The only thing that I see obviously wrong is that one of the tires is flat. I estimate the baler has sat under the shelter for at least 25 years.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Marshall

/ Buying a NH model 310 square baler, How much $$$$$ #2  
I have a fellow that I know down the road that has a New Holland 310 that he does not use. Hasn't used it since the second year after he bought it. He told me that there have been around 3000 bales of grass through it and about 1000 bales of straw through it.

I went over and looked at it and it has been under the shelter with equipment stacked all around it for several years. I turned the PTO by hand and everything is free and moving very smooth. All the gears on it look very tight.

What should I expect to pay for this older baler. It looks to be in very good condition. The only thing that I see obviously wrong is that one of the tires is flat. I estimate the baler has sat under the shelter for at least 25 years.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Marshall

So that baler hasn't been run in 25 years or so and it's been sheltered all that time? If that's accurate and you don't see any major rust damage, then you've found a good baler.

Here's what an NH310 brings on eBay:

$2900 Jun08
$2000 May08 (kicker)
$850 Nov07 (kicker)
$1000 Nov07 (kicker)
$1800 Apr08 (kicker)

The ones with kickers have an attachment on the output of the baler to toss bales into a bale wagon that's hitched to the baler.

You can see by the spread in prices that these things generally sell in the $1000-3000 range.

Since your baler evidently hasn't been used in decades, I wouldn't pay more than $1500.

Last year I bought a Massey Ferguson 124 baler that's similar to the NH310 in size. Paid $2000. The owner had used it the previous day to bale 30 acres, so I was pretty sure that baler was field-ready (and it was).

DSCF0270 (Small).JPG

DSCF0274 (Small).JPG

DSCF0275 (Small).JPG

/ Buying a NH model 310 square baler, How much $$$$$
Thanks for the speedy responce. I looked the baler up on equipment finder and they are going from a range from 2000 to just under 5000.

I dont want to pay too much for this baler, but I dont want to offend the fellow either. He is my brother's , brother-in-law.

Thanks again for the responces.

Marshall

/ Buying a NH model 310 square baler, How much $$$$$
I believe this one was a 1981 or 1982 made bailer. I bought it for 1000 and it has done very well for me, knock on wood.

Marshall