new holland 452 mower question

/ new holland 452 mower question #1  

willt1981

i have a 452 new holland disc mower that had a bearing go bad yesterday. its under the next to last disc head - toward the end. to replace this bearing you must break apart the entire gearbox. i would have time to do this in the winter but am doing too much now and really need the mower to finish my second cutting. my question is - how much do ya'll think this would cost if i took it to a tractor shop to fix? i was quoted $46 and hour by one but they didnt know how long it would take. id guess at least 8-10 hrs. a local guy might be able to do it for much less but he might not can get to it for a while. whats a reasonable cost to fix this machine? thoughts?

/ new holland 452 mower question #2  
depending on how hard the allen head bolts in the center of the bar is the get out will be the main thing but we normally get them a part in two to three hours and takes about that long to get them back together but if they take it apart i would suggest changing all the bearings and be done with but if it is the top bearing on it u can change it by pulling it out the top that is a quick fix but it is not good to run it for long like that but we normally charge 800-2000 dollars to do it right depending what all needs to be change when they get in there