Default new holland 452 mower question

i have a 452 new holland disc mower that had a bearing go bad yesterday. its under the next to last disc head - toward the end. to replace this bearing you must break apart the entire gearbox. i would have time to do this in the winter but am doing too much now and really need the mower to finish my second cutting. my question is - how much do ya'll think this would cost if i took it to a tractor shop to fix? i was quoted $46 and hour by one but they didnt know how long it would take. id guess at least 8-10 hrs. a local guy might be able to do it for much less but he might not can get to it for a while. whats a reasonable cost to fix this machine? thoughts?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford 6600/3000/8n

Default Re: new holland 452 mower question

depending on how hard the allen head bolts in the center of the bar is the get out will be the main thing but we normally get them a part in two to three hours and takes about that long to get them back together but if they take it apart i would suggest changing all the bearings and be done with but if it is the top bearing on it u can change it by pulling it out the top that is a quick fix but it is not good to run it for long like that but we normally charge 800-2000 dollars to do it right depending what all needs to be change when they get in there