new holland bale wagons

/ new holland bale wagons #1  

fordsonfan

Tractor
1944 McCormick-Deering H, Super Dexta, Ford 860, Cub LoBoy, 1010 MF, 52515 Deutz-Allis, Hesston 580,
Hello
Could anyone tell me if the 1012 or similiar NH hay wagons require hydraulic remotes on the tractor or do they have their own pump driven from the PTO? Also what would be your best guess for minimum horse power needed to operate on flat land?

Thanks for any information, I'm getting old and looking for alternative way to picking up those bales:)

/ new holland bale wagons #2  
Not sure of model numbers but we had 2 working here on the flax a few years ago that if i remember right had their own hyd off the pto. I think it was a 70 odd bale machine on a 75hp JD and a twin axle on a 150hp ford..!

/ new holland bale wagons #3  
Its not necessary to have a hydraulic outlet to run them (I have a 1012). However, I hooked up a cylinder to the chute lift to bounce a stuck bale and run through some narrow gates much better than the system they use (a rope). It doesn't take much power at all, but the hitch weight is larger than you might expect. I run mine easily with a 35hp JD 1070. These things are a real lifesaver for my small operation. The neighbors love the stacked delivery I bring them right out of the fields. You can see the cylinder on the chute lift in the second picture.

/ new holland bale wagons
Thanks for the reply that is just what I was wondering, sounds like I need to find one. The only concern I have will be the minimum roof height for dumping.

I did finally find some specs at this link. Roeder Implement, Looks like I need over 14 feet roof height for dumping. But I have not seen the minimum clearance just to pull through door.

Guess I could just stack all outside and cover.;)

/ new holland bale wagons #5  
Thanks for the reply that is just what I was wondering, sounds like I need to find one.

Where you at? I've got a model 1000 for sale that I retired last year when I switched to a Hoelscher accumulator/grapple. It still works fine but couldn't keep up with the additional hay acres I added and I didn't want/need the extra height for unloading when I built my new hay shed. The dolly wheels that zzvyb6 added to his are a good idea.

I'm in southeast Missouri, don't see many bale wagons here. How much you want?

Today, 12:43 AM #3 (permalink)
zzvyb6

Does the 1012 have the capability to tie off the bales? and could you pull through a 10 feet tall opening with a load?
Thanks

/ new holland bale wagons #8  
I have been looking at these wagons for a year or so. It looks too good to be true.

Can one of you guys that use them give us the real deal on these wagons?
1. Ive read that the bales have to be perfect in order to stack properly. True?
2. Hows the maintenance on them? Are they finicky like a baler sometimes?
3. Do the stacks tip over often?
4. Will it work on a hillside?
5. Is it complicated to operate? I see a few levers, can the wife do it?:eek:

I would love to hear how owning/ operating one of these has been before investing in one and switching to a non-thrower baler.

/ new holland bale wagons #9  
Thanks for the reply that is just what I was wondering, sounds like I need to find one. The only concern I have will be the minimum roof height for dumping.

I did finally find some specs at this link. Roeder Implement, Looks like I need over 14 feet roof height for dumping. But I have not seen the minimum clearance just to pull through door.

Guess I could just stack all outside and cover.;)

Don't know about that 1012, but the NH 1085 Stackcruiser has 13'4" overall height and requires 17' clearance to unload. Hope this helps.

/ new holland bale wagons #10  
I'm in southeast Missouri, don't see many bale wagons here. How much you want?

$2,000 but you're a whole lot closer to Roeder over in Kansas

I have been looking at these wagons for a year or so. It looks too good to be true.

Can one of you guys that use them give us the real deal on these wagons?
1. Ive read that the bales have to be perfect in order to stack properly. True?
2. Hows the maintenance on them? Are they finicky like a baler sometimes?
3. Do the stacks tip over often?
4. Will it work on a hillside?
5. Is it complicated to operate? I see a few levers, can the wife do it?:eek:

I would love to hear how owning/ operating one of these has been before investing in one and switching to a non-thrower baler.

1. They like tight heavy bales (60#), fluffy bales make them and you unhappy.

2. Grease, oil and hydraulic filter change on a regular basis

3. Not if you do it right, have nice tight bales, and a solid place to stack them

4. Hillsides yes, mountainsides no. You just have to be careful.

5. Not at all complicated.

Keep in mind that this is 30 year old technology. It works fine but like anything, newer is usually better. I went to a Hoelscher accumulator, that's why I'm selling mine. I get a lot more speed and flexibility with the accumulator/grapple.