Need picture of NH271 gauge wheel mount

/ Need picture of NH271 gauge wheel mount #1  

Stampeder

Gold Member
Tractor
Montana 4940C, FEL, Quick change 3 point factory hitch, pallet forks, grapple, 50 gal tank sprayer, Bush Hog PHD
I bought an older NH271 locally and the gauge wheel on the pickup reel was mangled. I could really use a picture showing how it is attached (correctly) to the pickup reel. I have the manual and parts list but the drawings don't show it all that well.

Also, any pictures of a bale quarter turn mechanism would be very useful.

Thanks for all the help.
Glenn.

/ Need picture of NH271 gauge wheel mount #2  
There is a bracket on the baler pickup that accepts a flat piece of stock that has a series of holes drilled in it for adjustment and at the bottom it will have a spindle welded in to carry the wheel/tire. I have seen these balers without that guage wheel option. Ken Sweet

/ Need picture of NH271 gauge wheel mount #3  
You can get good figures of all your Ford & NH ag products on the NewHolland website. Here's the gage wheel. A 1/4 turn chute is just that. Make one up from an old chute. Slice out a rectangular section slighly more than 1/2 the bale width and about 3/4 of the length.

/ Need picture of NH271 gauge wheel mount
Thanks for the replies. I got it fixed, in place and working. The previous owner had bent the 1/2 steel bar that the axle was mounted to and put a wrong sized bolt in the hole.

I straightened out the steel bar. Welded in a new axle that fit the roller bearing gauge wheel and ran a tracer tap through the mounting hole threads to clean them.
I then mounted the whole unit with a nice new shiny 5/8 bolt and all is well.

I hate it when good machinery gets treated like that and not maintained properly.

Now I just have to figure out how the pickup rope threads through the system so I can lift the pickup when turning. The spring, the rope guide and the spring mouning bar are missing.

Thanks again.