Help with NH 848 Baler

/ Help with NH 848 Baler #1  

PA Greene Farmer

Tractor
New Holland TD5050 Ford 4610 Belarus 825 cab
I am new to farming and having trouble with this so called field ready baler that I bought. Its a NH 848 and is giving me fits. Now I have a bearing that locked up at the top of the apron tension arm. I am not sure if I need to break the apron chain to replace it or not. Since I am new to farming, and round balers I am not sure how to get the tension off of this sprocket so that I can change the bearing. Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

/ Help with NH 848 Baler
I do need to buy the manuals but really there is no time for that now. I want to fix this thing quickly and get backmin the hay. I figured that someone on here has had this same problem and looking for the fastest way to fix it. Thanks for the feed back. Any information is appreciated.

/ Help with NH 848 Baler #4  
I do need to buy the manuals but really there is no time for that now. I want to fix this thing quickly and get backmin the hay.

It appears that the 848 operator's manual is available as a pdf download. Under $11 and shouldn't take too much time. Apart from a manual specifically related to gearbox repair, there doesn't seem to be a complete service manual for the 848. That means the operator's manual is your best source for published repair and maintainence information.

If I had experience with NH chain balers, I'd help. But I don't, so I can't.

/ Help with NH 848 Baler
Just to get back to this NH 848 baler.......it had issues. Traded it in on BR740 baler. I like the newer baler much better. Someone slap me if I ever buy another apron chain type baler.....lol. Now if I can get the power steering/hydraulic issues worked out on the TD5050 I'll be thrilled.

/ Help with NH 848 Baler #6  
Just to get back to this NH 848 baler.......it had issues. Traded it in on BR740 baler. I like the newer baler much better. Someone slap me if I ever buy another apron chain type baler.....lol. Now if I can get the power steering/hydraulic issues worked out on the TD5050 I'll be thrilled.

that is caused by the housing for your hydraulic filter being machined wrong from the factory. it lets just enough air in and takes out your power steering.