Tractor
    New Holland TD5050 Ford 4610 Belarus 825 cab

Default Help with NH 848 Baler

I am new to farming and having trouble with this so called field ready baler that I bought. Its a NH 848 and is giving me fits. Now I have a bearing that locked up at the top of the apron tension arm. I am not sure if I need to break the apron chain to replace it or not. Since I am new to farming, and round balers I am not sure how to get the tension off of this sprocket so that I can change the bearing. Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Default Re: Help with NH 848 Baler

You can buy manuals for your machine that will guide you through the operation and many repairs.

Choose Items
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor

I do need to buy the manuals but really there is no time for that now. I want to fix this thing quickly and get backmin the hay. I figured that someone on here has had this same problem and looking for the fastest way to fix it. Thanks for the feed back. Any information is appreciated.

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by PA Greene Farmer View Post
    I do need to buy the manuals but really there is no time for that now. I want to fix this thing quickly and get backmin the hay.
    It appears that the 848 operator's manual is available as a pdf download. Under $11 and shouldn't take too much time. Apart from a manual specifically related to gearbox repair, there doesn't seem to be a complete service manual for the 848. That means the operator's manual is your best source for published repair and maintainence information.

If I had experience with NH chain balers, I'd help. But I don't, so I can't.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor

Just to get back to this NH 848 baler.......it had issues. Traded it in on BR740 baler. I like the newer baler much better. Someone slap me if I ever buy another apron chain type baler.....lol. Now if I can get the power steering/hydraulic issues worked out on the TD5050 I'll be thrilled.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

Quote Originally Posted by PA Greene Farmer View Post
    Just to get back to this NH 848 baler.......it had issues. Traded it in on BR740 baler. I like the newer baler much better. Someone slap me if I ever buy another apron chain type baler.....lol. Now if I can get the power steering/hydraulic issues worked out on the TD5050 I'll be thrilled.
    that is caused by the housing for your hydraulic filter being machined wrong from the factory. it lets just enough air in and takes out your power steering.